JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
How many times are you going to repeat yourself?
Until people read the rules. I don't want people to put tons of time into stuff and then realize that it was all wasted because their submission isn't valid. There are obviously some very talented people here, and nobody wants to see that talent wasted.

I have absolutely no idea why you are promoting invalid submissions.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think it would feel right for the cube logo to have any rounded edges though as the original GC logo had no rounded edges, I don't think theres more I could do for the N, I don't think there is a perfect solution, I like it how it is personally, but I get why some cold take issue with it.
Did you saw my last sugestion on angles duffmmann?

What do you think?

sketch2k278

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured i'd throw my ideas in and see what y'all think

Here's without the ssbm collage backdrop (for copyright concerns)

2eoab6e.jpg

Here's without the ssbm collage backdrop

2whmu0j.jpg

let me know what you think

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of great entries here but personally I like this one.

The cube though could use some tweaking, certain parts of it look weird like how the N merges with the top side, and I think the D would look better with rounded edges.
I like it though, because it reminds me of the original logo, uses the same coloring (prefer black backgrounds) and it's just rather well made overall.
But I'm thinking maybe the "NINTENDONT" would look better without the border as it doesn't really go that well with the rest of the image and is unlike the original GC logo.

Don't like this one much. The font looks bad, and it'd be better if the text said "NintenDONT" instead.
Also I don't get the whole association with Windows, it has nothing to do with Windows at all.
Also as said I prefer black backgrounds. But mostly it's just the similarity to the old Windows logo that I don't like.
The association with Windows is that they're parodying Windows NT.

Reactions: MassiveRican

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The association with Windows is that they're parodying Windows NT.
Oh, that makes sense. But it's kind of weird since the title Nintendont is already parodying Nintendo. It makes it a bit confusing, like what is the app trying to accomplish?

2whmu0j.jpg

let me know what you think
The SSBM one is nice, the other one not so much. Looks a bit plain.
Would be nicer with a black background as well I think but the SSBM one definitely imbues the spirit of Nintendo and that's what makes it good. Though that's not SSBM is it, I see a Rabbid in there as well as Lakitu, Midna, Sonic etc.

I don't think it would feel right for the cube logo to have any rounded edges though as the original GC logo had no rounded edges, I don't think theres more I could do for the N, I don't think there is a perfect solution, I like it how it is personally, but I get why some cold take issue with it.
Yeah it's a tricky one but I think you should try making one with a rounded D and see how it looks.
Edit: I just noticed it seems the lines on the inside of the D are not parallel to the outside ones (look at the top especially) which might've been one reason it looked odd to me.
As for the N is there any reason the top side of the logo has to look the same as the original GameCube one? You could just modify it a bit to match the N better. Actually it looks like your version is mirrored from the original, look at this:
Gamecube-Logo.jpg
If it was in the original orientation I think it would match the "ND" a lot better, then you could cut out part of the left side by the N (or not, might look good anyway)

sketch2k278

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SSBM one is nice, the other one not so much. Looks a bit plain.
Would be nicer with a black background as well I think but the SSBM one definitely imbues the spirit of Nintendo and that's what makes it good. Though that's not SSBM is it, I see a Rabbid in there as well as Lakitu, Midna, Sonic etc.

you're right some of those characters aren't in that game but I do like the one with collage in the back

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
you're right some of those characters aren't in that game but I do like the one with collage in the back

Yea I like the one with the collage too, it just sux it can't be used probably :glare: see it's hard as balls to see something u really like and know u can't use it as a logo/splash screen cuz something else gets chosen.. unless like WiiFlow, the source can be changed to include whatever logo u like and compile the loader. Doubtful but one can always be optimistic.

Reactions: sketch2k278

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Until people read the rules. I don't want people to put tons of time into stuff and then realize that it was all wasted because their submission isn't valid. There are obviously some very talented people here, and nobody wants to see that talent wasted.

I have absolutely no idea why you are promoting invalid submissions.
In other words, you want to suck up to crediar?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
A lot of great entries here but personally I like this one.

The cube though could use some tweaking, certain parts of it look weird like how the N merges with the top side, and I think the D would look better with rounded edges.
I like it though, because it reminds me of the original logo, uses the same coloring (prefer black backgrounds) and it's just rather well made overall.
But I'm thinking maybe the "NINTENDONT" would look better without the border as it doesn't really go that well with the rest of the image and is unlike the original GC logo.

Don't like this one much. The font looks bad, and it'd be better if the text said "NintenDONT" instead.
Also I don't get the whole association with Windows, it has nothing to do with Windows at all.
Also as said I prefer black backgrounds. But mostly it's just the similarity to the old Windows logo that I don't like.

Windows NT -> Nintendo NT
Name with 'NT' at the end. What's hard to get?

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my submission. I hope you'll like it.

Edit : I made some minor edits to make it look better :
ycl4.png

Edit2: Here is also the version without subtitle, as JoostinOnline kindly suggested it.

xxeb.png

By the way, don't hesistate to tell me if anything else should be modified !

And we have a winner... this one looks great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉