Hacking Nintendont - Looking for a logo

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it looks great as well, and yes maybe the font could use some sprucing on Nintendont but I think that's about it. I love how the GC disc looks right above the cube. It's really nice overall IMO.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
mild editing:
2dsfnm9.png

Veiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried something simple... It doesn't quite look how I imagined it would, though.

BsyqSI8.png

Oh, and Davo, I really like your logo. I think it's one of the more professional presented.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my submission. I hope you'll like it.

Edit : I made some minor edits to make it look better :
ycl4.png

Edit2: Here is also the version without subtitle, as JoostinOnline kindly suggested it.

xxeb.png

By the way, don't hesistate to tell me if anything else should be modified !

This looks amazing! I hope this one wins.

Reactions: emo kid 68 and rg

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried something simple... It doesn't quite look how I imagined it would, though.

BsyqSI8.png

Oh, and Davo, I really like your logo. I think it's one of the more professional presented.

Davi's logos are the best so far, but i think yours would be super cool with a different font and the colorful square with circles made bigger to match the width of the word :P

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Veiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davi's logos are the best so far, but i think yours would be super cool with a different font and the colorful square with circles made bigger to match the width of the word :P

Something like this?

i74bqdj.png

Or this?

G2C3S8N.png

Font is made to look a bit similar to Nintendo's. Not crazy about it...

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
In other words, you want to suck up to crediar?

For me, it's more that the thread doesn't get clogged up with invalid submissions that crediar clearly has no intention of using no matter how good they may look. If he wanted logos that rip off the Nintendo or GameCube logos then he wouldn't have stipulated such a rule in the first place. Yet, lo and behold we have to wade through pages of invalid submissions that aren't even remotely interesting because it's just one modified Nintendo logo extended to include the 'nt' after another, and probably with a crappy looking flamey background, no less (OK, that was just a dig at one member's strange obsession with flames).

I'm just very interested to see what real talent can come up with and it's pretty annoying having to skip over the rest of it all.

What's so great about it? The lens flare? :P
It looks too fancy in my opinion.

Anyway, I did some small changes on the font of my logo:

Argh! I can't tell if I'm looking at the bottom of the cube or the inside! *head explodes*

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
For me, it's more that the thread doesn't get clogged up with invalid submissions that crediar clearly has no intention of using no matter how good they may look. If he wanted logos that rip off the Nintendo or GameCube logos then he wouldn't have stipulated such a rule in the first place. Yet, lo and behold we have to wade through pages of invalid submissions that aren't even remotely interesting because it's just one modified Nintendo logo extended to include the 'nt' after another, and probably with a crappy looking flamey background, no less (OK, that was just a dig at one member's strange obsession with flames).

I'm just very interested to see what real talent can come up with and it's pretty annoying having to skip over the rest of it all.
Exactly.

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Argh! I can't tell if I'm looking at the bottom of the cube or the inside! *head explodes*
Sorry about my stab at this and should have read more. I am new to all this and didn't know what was considered fair use I bow to your knowledge. P.S. who don't like flames?

Reactions: McHaggis

Davi

~
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daviandrade.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Something like this?

i74bqdj.png

Or this?

G2C3S8N.png

Font is made to look a bit similar to Nintendo's. Not crazy about it...

Some suggestions: the stroke around the rounded square have the wrong radius and I think the circles would look better if they had the same stroke width.

Like this:
5MCYMOO.png

It's the bottom, but I can see how it looks like the inside too, let's say this is a bonus effect :P

This one looks really good.
Clean and simple, thats how a modern logo looks, not that fancy lens flare sparkle photoshop stuff.

I only think the font doesn´t really fit, perhaps try something more blocky.

Hmm, I like the font how it is. But I'll try something more squared to see how it would look.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Melee85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really consider myself a graphics designer or anything, 'specially since I have little to no experience in using Photoshop and the like. I do, however, dab in a bit of digital artestry with my tablet and drawing software. I figure I could take a bash at trying something with a bit of simplicity, yet somewhat stylistic, I hope.
Nintendont.png

I might fine-tune it a little bit in the next day or so, but this is my basic idea, took no more than 20 minutes to put together. Thoughts? :)

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't really consider myself a graphics designer or anything, 'specially since I have little to no experience in using Photoshop and the like. I do, however, dab in a bit of digital artestry with my tablet and drawing software. I figure I could take a bash at trying something with a bit of simplicity, yet somewhat stylistic, I hope.
Nintendont.png

I might fine-tune it a little bit in the next day or so, but this is my basic idea, took no more than 20 minutes to put together. Thoughts? :)

I like your idea but it's hard to read (follow the word). My brain wants to read "Ni en nt". Maybe put the 2 cubes in front of the other three and then write "Ni nt en" and " do nt". This is hard enough to read because of the improper word dividion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there