Emulation Homebrew Nintendont controllers.zip won’t download

TheDerpyDolphin

Derp.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to download controllers.zip from Nintendont, but the app freezes at “initializing network” and eventually gives a DSi exception and kicks me back to the HBC. All my other homebrew apps that use internet work fine. Is there somewhere else I can get this?

Edit: https://gbatemp.net/download/universal-controller-driver-for-nintendont.35965/

I think this will work. Going to try it later. Still odd how the in app updater/installer does not work. Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by TheDerpyDolphin,
Reactions: SaulFabre

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to download controllers.zip from Nintendont, but the app freezes at “initializing network” and eventually gives a DSi exception and kicks me back to the HBC. All my other homebrew apps that use internet work fine. Is there somewhere else I can get this?

I think this will work. Going to try it later. Still odd how the in app updater/installer does not work. Does anyone else have this problem?
I get the same errors trying to update (my internet is working because I can download cover art in USB Loader). I cannot get Nintendont to recognize any controllers and I have tried everything. I read that the newer versions of Nintendont broke controller support but I cannot locate the older builds to test them. I have tried the 6.499, 6.496, 5.486 and ChrisMMod 7.30 versions (I am not using any forwarded Homebrew Channel links) all on an 8GB SD card. I am using an official Gamecube (Switch/WiiU/PC) adaptor and verified it works with Smash Bros WiiU version, data line plugged into rear USB port and I disconnect the Wiimote when starting Nintendont. The GB adaptor also does not work with an injected GC game working within the WiiU menu using the WiiU Gamepad, but I would rather use the official Nintendo Gamecube controllers/adaptor and not have to create files to inject for each game into the WiiU menu using TeconMoon'sWiiVC Injector software. I have downloaded a controllers folder with all the controller ini's and put them in the root directory and that is not working either. At this point I think the 5.5.6 WiiU update rendered Nintendont useless; it runs, but with no controller support it is useless.

Edit: Although I still experience the same situation you describe (Updating within Nintendont), another member helped to resolve my controllers not working. I did have to download a controllers folder externally (it was not done automatically through Nintendont), but my controllers not working after that was due to using non-original hardware (or hardware I thought to be origonal at the time). I still have the issue of attempted updates to Nintendont not completing and the controllers.zip udate resulting in a crash (attached screen shot)
IMG_1760.jpg

Last edited by maf23,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I get the same errors trying to update (my internet is working because I can download cover art in USB Loader). I cannot get Nintendont to recognize any controllers and I have tried everything. I read that the newer versions of Nintendont broke controller support but I cannot locate the older builds to test them. I have tried the 6.499, 6.496, 5.486 and ChrisMMod 7.30 versions (I am not using any forwarded Homebrew Channel links) all on an 8GB SD card. I am using an official Gamecube (Switch/WiiU/PC) adaptor and verified it works with Smash Bros WiiU version, data line plugged into rear USB port and I disconnect the Wiimote when starting Nintendont. The GB adaptor also does not work with an injected GC game working within the WiiU menu using the WiiU Gamepad, but I would rather use the official Nintendo Gamecube controllers/adaptor and not have to create files to inject for each game into the WiiU menu using TeconMoon'sWiiVC Injector software. I have downloaded a controllers folder with all the controller ini's and put them in the root directory and that is not working either.
first off you dont need controllers.zip

if a controller is already supported then its hardcoded into nintendont memory therefore the controllers.zip is only needed if you want to make a custom layout.

if you are using a legit wiiu gc adapter then its already coded in, if its fake/3rd party then it might need its own ini.just becuase it works in smash wiiu means nothing, fake/3rd partys use diferent pid/vid therefore nintendont cant find them.

the versions that broke controller code are very very old, if you are on the latest then there is no issues in 499.

first off make sure you are not using a random setting like native set to on or else no usb controllers work

then are you pluggin the gc controller in the first port? or the last one? it has actual correct places to put the controllers, most games wont let you controll them unless you are on port 1.

on wiiu to work the adapter needs both usbs plugged doesnt matter what ports, i use mine on both front ports.

if nothing works then take a picture of your nintendont settings, and make sure your adapter and controller are both official too.

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off you dont need controllers.zip

if a controller is already supported then its hardcoded into nintendont memory therefore the controllers.zip is only needed if you want to make a custom layout.

if you are using a legit wiiu gc adapter then its already coded in, if its fake/3rd party then it might need its own ini.just becuase it works in smash wiiu means nothing, fake/3rd partys use diferent pid/vid therefore nintendont cant find them.

the versions that broke controller code are very very old, if you are on the latest then there is no issues in 499.

first off make sure you are not using a random setting like native set to on or else no usb controllers work

then are you pluggin the gc controller in the first port? or the last one? it has actual correct places to put the controllers, most games wont let you controll them unless you are on port 1.

on wiiu to work the adapter needs both usbs plugged doesnt matter what ports, i use mine on both front ports.

if nothing works then take a picture of your nintendont settings, and make sure your adapter and controller are both official too.
Yes the controller and adaptor are official Nintendo versions. I have both adaptor ends plugged in (data port in top back port, grey port in first front port). Native setting is off and greyed out. Controller is in first port in adaptor and I have confirmed it works with WiiU Smash game game and when working the LED above the controller port lights up. When I start Nintendont, the port LED does not come on. I even triend enabling first using the WiiU game before going into Nintendont and the LED stays lit but the controller still doesn't work.

Edit: Adaptor is third party. Is that the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by maf23,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes the controller and adaptor are official Nintendo versions. I have both adaptor ends plugged in (data port in top back port, grey port in first front port). Native setting is off and greyed out. Controller is in first port in adaptor and I have confirmed it works with WiiU Smash game game and when working the LED above the controller port lights up. When I start Nintendont, the port LED does not come on. I even triend enabling first using the WiiU game before going into Nintendont and the LED stays lit but the controller still doesn't work.
that is not an official adapter... the official adapters have no leds lol they are jsut black without any lights...

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71M404KvsxL._SL1500_.jpg

your adapter wont work regardless of getting controllers.zip or not, its a fake/3rd party so you would need to make your very own controller.ini.

how do you even call it an official adapter with a straight face? lol did you ever even saw one? both switch or wiiu ones are just totally black no lights in any place and just say wiiu/switch on the top.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or just plain ignorant here...

Last edited by pedro702,

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is not an official adapter... the official adapters have no leds lol they are jsut black without any lights...

your adapter wont work regardless of getting controllers.zip or not, its a fake/3rd party so you would need to make your very own controller.ini.

how do you even call it an official adapter with a straight face? lol did you ever even saw one? both switch or wiiu ones are just totally black no lights in any place and just say wiiu/switch on the top.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or just plain ignorant here...
Yeah i thought it was legit until I dug out the box. Ibought it so long ago and since it worked with Smash I thought I should be OK. Is mapping this thing even possible? I thought the mapping applied to the controllers not the adaptors. Also, I cannot get the WiiU Pro controller to work either. Isn't that supposed to be supported as well?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah i thought it was legit until I dug out the box. Ibought it so long ago and since it worked with Smash I thought I should be OK. Is mapping this thing even possible? I thought the mapping applied to the controllers not the adaptors. Also, I cannot get the WiiU Pro controller to work either. Isn't that supposed to be supported as well?
why did you even need to dug out the box? it doesnt say wiiu or switch in big letters on the top and it has leds... no box required when a simple look at the leds one can see its fake...

wiiu pro controller also fake/3rd party? if so that is your answer.

the adapter is a controller lol and yes you can map any hid device just google nintendont controller.ini and see around how to make your own controller.ini

Last edited by pedro702,

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why did you even need to dug out the box? it doesnt say wiiu or switch in big letters on the top and it has leds... no box required when a simple look at the leds one can see its fake...

wiiu pro controller also fake/3rd party? if so that is your answer.

the adapter is a controller lol and yes you can map any hid device just google nintendont controller.ini and see around how to make your own controller.ini
My WiiU Pro Controller doesn't have Nintendo logo stamped on on it either, but I dug out that box as well and cross-checked the model number (WUP-005) and yeah, its legit. I am not an expert at this or I wouldn't be asking for help. The Pro. controller just flashes four blue lights whether plugged into the rear USB port or not. Guessing there is a "wired" Pro controller version that I am unaware of as well. I did get a PS4 controller to work so I am sorry to blame the software for my ignorance.

Last edited by maf23,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My WiiU Pro Controller doesn't have Nintendo logo stamped on on it either, but I dug out that box as well and cross-checked the model number (WUP-005) and yeah, its legit. I am not an expert at this or I wouldn't be asking for help. The Pro. controller just flashes four blue lights whether plugged into the rear USB port or not.
just becuase a box is the same that doesnt make something official... if it doesnt say wiiu on top of the home and +/- button then its a fake controller...
so if i gave you a switch official box and putted a crappy looking chinese knockoff that doesnt say nintendo inside is it now an official switch console? because the box matched? lol

1280px-Nintendo-Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Black.jpg

this is an official controller , also to make sure its official nintendo uses triwing screws instead of normal screws which means they only have 3 sides, if your controller has regular screws then its not made by nintendo

221000587623_01381.jpg

so yeah it cant sync with nintendont because its fake,only your gamepad works because its your only official controller it seems.

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks to be legit. Fake label maybe? It looks like normal phillips scews. I am not a seller of this stuff, but I am not immune to getting scammed by fake shit. I guess when they learn to use Tri-Wing screws we are all fucked then.

IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1766.jpg

Last edited by maf23,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Looks to be legit. Fake label maybe? It looks like normal phillips scews. I am not a seller of this stuff, but I am not immune to getting scammed by fake shit. I guess when they learn to use Tri-Wing screws we are all fucked then.

View attachment 344651View attachment 344652
all fake controllers look legit also its missing the nintendo text under the label in the back, its 100% fake, the official ones say nintendo in the back plus triwings, the black space should say nintendo and it doesnt, there is fakes everywhere on aliexpress,ebay and such, only ones you buy yourself at retail stores are garanteed to be legit.
Post automatically merged:

Sem título.png

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all fake controllers look legit also its missing the nintendo text under the label in the back, its 100% fake, the official ones say nintendo in the back plus triwings, the black space should say nintendo and it doesnt, there is fakes everywhere on aliexpress,ebay and such, only ones you buy yourself at retail stores are garanteed to be legit.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 344662
They got Nintendo imprint correct but couldn't spell "device" correctly, make you wonder. Been awhile since these have been available in an actual retail store. I hope the one I just ordered on Amazon is legit when it shows up later this week. Most of my older stuff was acquired second hand and I was just happy if it worked when I got it. Still cheaper than getting a Gamecube High-Def cable. Those things are outrageous. I stopped using mine when I found out how much it was worth.

maf23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my "official" GC adaptor today and its working great. Got lucky this time on Amazon. Thanks for the help. I guess conventions are the only way to avoid getting scammed nowadays.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a fake pro controller once. the oval "nintendo" thing is a dead giveaway. the dpad didn't feel right, and the box it came in was noticeably smaller than an official box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason