Nintendont Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by LightyKD, Aug 30, 2016.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Since there is no thread dedicated only to game compatibility, quirks, ect, I'm making one. I'll update this first post with a master list. Of the few games I tried So far I've ran into black screen loading with Wave Race Blue Storm and the inability to play multiplayer in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Both games are NTSC region. If anyone has any notes they would like for me to add to the list just let me know.

Need for Speed Most Wanted
    NTSC- Unable to play multiplayer (Nintendont 4.422)

Wave Race Blue Storm
    NTSC - Loads to a black screen (Nintendont 4.422)

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    lol you are kidding right? there is a full wiki ...
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

all games do work if any game has issues is becuase you are forcing settings that arent compatible with said game or using a bad iso if you can show me your nintendont settings with a picture and say your iso MD5, i will for sure tell you what is your issue, since all games work, but noobs "dont mean to offend you" think they can force any setting on any game or use bad isos wich sometimes are badly shrunked and break nintendont.

Last edited by pedro702, Aug 30, 2016
    lordelan, Pepois and CJB100 like this.
  3. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    How often is the wiki updated? As for bad isos, yeah I've heard that explanation a few times. Do you have a suggestion for the best way to shrink games or which games shouldn't be adjusted at all? I haven't dabbled in GC gaming in months. I just simply don't have time to fool with every game like the average member here. I finally got around to updating my Nintendont last night lol.

4. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Don't shrink your isos at all. Not worth the issues it can cause.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    Some issues can be becuase of settings, you didnt posted your nintendont settings yet.

Need for Speed Most Wanted
    NTSC- Unable to play multiplayer (Nintendont 4.422) this can only be caused by 2 issues- 1you have maxpads set to 1 wich only recognizes the 1 controller, 2 you are using an imcompatible controller or trying to use 2 usb controllers at the same time wich doesnt work for any game.

Wave Race Blue Storm
    NTSC - Loads to a black screen (Nintendont 4.422) this is 1- badly compressed iso that brooke the audiostreaming most likely, or forced setting on it that it doesnt like.

while you shouldnt shrink games becuase its always like this that manny people have issues in the games they report but if you must becuase you have no alternative use DMtoolbox and before shrinking first make sure the ISO md5 matches redump then, if it checks use this toll and set the 32k alligment option when shrinking.

Also if the wiki was edited everytime someone makes noobs mistakes and says the game doesnt work when it does we wouldnt ever get a decent wiki.

6. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Thanks for the help everyone. As soon as I can get a hold of a 128GB SD card I'll just keep the shrinked isos that I know have no issues and just nix everything else for clean isos. As for NFS, I know my controllers are compatible and by "default" I keep my maxpads at 4. I'll try a clean iso for this one.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    what controllers are you using? CC,GC,wiimote+nunchuck,random hid controllers?

8. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    i hate the "dont shrink your isos" mentality - truth is MOST work fine when shrunken.

I shrunk every single game and left the problematic ones full size - this saved a lot of space and again, the games work fine. believe it or not is your choice, but seriously - shrink them all and keep only the problem games full size.

bagpipes likes this.
  9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    we say this becuase every 9 in 10 reports of issues is becuase people used bad tools like gcisotool to compres audio streaming games and broke them so if you saw the same issues reported countless times your better off telling people to not compress their isos if they dont know what theya re doing anyway its better have full md5 checked isos.

10. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    I updated it sometime last week specially after testing all 200+ games I have and updated mainly the info of audio streaming games. Most games work shrunk just need to know which shrinking app to use. Use DMtoolbox as a general rule and only where noted use the GCIT (e g Kirby Air Ride).

Regards

Last edited by Pepois, Aug 31, 2016
  11. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA