1. Bertuga

OP Bertuga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi!

I bought an chinese GC adapter from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/May...336.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.38644c4dpocBIi) to play smash with my GC controllers.

It worked on the Switch and Smash 4 on the Wii U, no problems at all.

But I just can't get it to work on Nintendont, even though it says on the Nintendont post that it would be compatible ("All third parties Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter clones").

I tried with both back switches (PC - NS/WIIU). I tried HID Test but it doesnt load the input part, stopping at version text, then, if I change the back switch it gives me an error -4 and freezes.

Has anyone used an chinese adapter like this one on Nintendont? Anyone has any idea of how I could make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention, tried it in Nintendont through GX Loader and Nintendont directly from HC, it doesnt work even on the Nintendont menu. Nintendont and controllers updated from the Nintendont menu.

Last edited by Bertuga, Feb 8, 2019
    MrCapone likes this.
  2. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

United States
    did you get it to work? having same issue with nintendont on my wii u (both injected or via vWii)

3. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you cant get this to work I would suggest the mayflashGC adapter

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. Bertuga

OP Bertuga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Nope. May it's really incompatible, couldn't make it work even on the HID test homebrew.

I think I'll do this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/May...6c-4526-89a0-5f834602ec5b&transAbTest=ae803_3

Is this the mayflash adapter?

5. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    alexander1970 likes this.
  6. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

United States
    so adapter branded mayflash (mine was advertised as mayflash adapter actually) are guaranteed to work?

7. Bertuga

OP Bertuga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Your adapter should be just like mine, of a brand called "Mimd", right? They are advertised as mayflash on aliexpress, but are cheaper and different.

The mayflash adapters are like this: http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W012.html

kisamesama likes this.
  8. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yup exactly! it is labelled mimd

9. Bertuga

OP Bertuga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Maybe these are really incompatible. I bought an mayflash yesterday, from a seller on aliexpress I'd already buy a magic-ns, so I think it is trustworthy. I'll sell this one, lots of people are buying just to play on switch, and it works really well on it.

Now, time to wait one month till this one arrives here.

10. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

United States
    can you put the link to the mayflash you bought? please post feedback when you receive and test it

11. Bertuga

OP Bertuga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    kisamesama likes this.
  12. Bertuga

OP Bertuga Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Just some feedback:

The Mayflash adapter arrived today and it worked like a charm on the Switch, Smash 4 and Nintendont.

13. Alpzepta

Alpzepta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know whether or not The PORTHOLIC Gamecube Adaptor -> shorturl.at/pzDTY
    would also be working with Nintendont?

14. picketf

picketf Member
    Newcomer

Fiji
    A bug was introduced around mid 2019 to more recent builds of nintendont, by cleaning up the code the creator may have deleted some power checking routines from boot.

That makes it problematic to boot into nintendont from VCinjects or launched from apps WITH USB adapters connected.
    To circumvent that simply remove the adapter and launch with either classic controller from apps or using a wiimote (and wiiu pad disabled) from WiiU through a VC inject.
    Then once the game actually boots connect the black USB cable from the adapter to the first usb port and your gamecube controller is instantly recognized.

If you're using Bongos you may need to plug and unplug the gamecube cable to the adapter (but not the adapter itself) occasionally to make them work.

I'm actually just paraphrasing forum posts from the Nintendont GitHub bug tracker of users that run accross this

15. Focus0685

Focus0685 Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Has this been fixed? It's a little annoying to disconnect and reconnect the adapter. Or I could use an earlier version of Nintendont?

16. picketf

picketf Member
    Newcomer

Fiji
    Nope as far as I know this has not been fixed and yes you can use an earlier version of Nintendont that is unaffected. It's been known for a while now that even Original Gamecube hardware back in the day had problems with joysticks drawing too much power on boot. The design of the Nyko Play Cube adapter to use Playstation controllers on the Nintendo Gamecube had the exact same flaw: leaving the adapter in at boot up would gradually fry it after a few months of use until it stops working - leaving the adapter unpluged during boot and then plugging it in would solve the issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, adapter, third