Nintendont and third party GC adapter

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Bertuga, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Bertuga
    OP

Bertuga Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    Brazil
    Hi!

I bought an chinese GC adapter from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/May...336.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.38644c4dpocBIi) to play smash with my GC controllers.

It worked on the Switch and Smash 4 on the Wii U, no problems at all.

But I just can't get it to work on Nintendont, even though it says on the Nintendont post that it would be compatible ("All third parties Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter clones").

I tried with both back switches (PC - NS/WIIU). I tried HID Test but it doesnt load the input part, stopping at version text, then, if I change the back switch it gives me an error -4 and freezes.

Has anyone used an chinese adapter like this one on Nintendont? Anyone has any idea of how I could make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention, tried it in Nintendont through GX Loader and Nintendont directly from HC, it doesnt work even on the Nintendont menu. Nintendont and controllers updated from the Nintendont menu.

Last edited by Bertuga, Feb 8, 2019
  2. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    did you get it to work? having same issue with nintendont on my wii u (both injected or via vWii)

3. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    If you cant get this to work I would suggest the mayflashGC adapter

4. Bertuga
    OP

Bertuga Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    Brazil
    Nope. May it's really incompatible, couldn't make it work even on the HID test homebrew.

I think I'll do this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/May...6c-4526-89a0-5f834602ec5b&transAbTest=ae803_3

Is this the mayflash adapter?

5. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
  6. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    so adapter branded mayflash (mine was advertised as mayflash adapter actually) are guaranteed to work?

7. Bertuga
    OP

Bertuga Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    Brazil
    Your adapter should be just like mine, of a brand called "Mimd", right? They are advertised as mayflash on aliexpress, but are cheaper and different.

The mayflash adapters are like this: http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W012.html

kisamesama likes this.
  8. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    yup exactly! it is labelled mimd

9. Bertuga
    OP

Bertuga Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    Brazil
    Maybe these are really incompatible. I bought an mayflash yesterday, from a seller on aliexpress I'd already buy a magic-ns, so I think it is trustworthy. I'll sell this one, lots of people are buying just to play on switch, and it works really well on it.

Now, time to wait one month till this one arrives here.

10. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    can you put the link to the mayflash you bought? please post feedback when you receive and test it

11. Bertuga
    OP

Bertuga Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    Brazil
    kisamesama likes this.