Hacking Nintendo will block sky3ds soon!

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, and then next update you will have to pay another $100 for Sky3DS4.

I'd rather pay 400$ for 4 "easy to use drag and drop + diskwriter + bash my head against the wall trying to activate regionthree + press 50 times the blue button to get to my game" than oh so complicated 3-step 1 card only Gateway though!

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.
The Gateway has more features than the sky but is less easy to set up and use and does not work on latest FW.
The Sky3DS has less features but works on latest FW and is easier to set up and use.
Two different extremes for different people.
I wouldn't say the Sky3DS is easier to setup. You have to "set it up" whenever you want to play a game that isn't supported by current templates. GW you usually have to setup only once, and then all games work by default.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still easier overall
Sorry, I can't agree with that. The initial setup process for GW is always the same regardless of what you want to play and is pretty much failproof if you follow instructions, whereas writing proper templates to get games to work is more of a trial and error process.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.
The Gateway has more features than the sky but is less easy to set up and use and does not work on latest FW.
The Sky3DS has less features but works on latest FW and is easier to set up and use.
Two different extremes for different people.

Doesn't the Sky require you to write your games to the MicroSD via some proprietary software? That doesn't really sound like it's "easier to set up and use" just "different to set up and use".

Gateway's only real difficulty comes in having to launch the exploit, either via DS flashcart or now going to a website. But actually getting the games on there is so much easier, just drag and drop.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't the Sky require you to write your games to the MicroSD via some proprietary software? That doesn't really sound like it's "easier to set up and use" just "different to set up and use".

Gateway's only real difficulty comes in having to launch the exploit, either via DS flashcart or now going to a website. But actually getting the games on there is so much easier, just drag and drop.

People only think Gateway is difficult to set-up because they see many guides around the forum that revolve around gateway, like cia, 3ds to cia(especially if you actually take a peak into the 3DS to CIA thread), emuNAND/sysNAND, SaveDATAFILER, etc, all those complicated words tossed around, and without even knowing what those words mean they think that all of that is somehow involved in the process of installing the exploit or adding game, which is why everyone screams Gateway is complicated.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played around with my sky3ds for a week and I'm very happy with it. Today I noticed that when I'm update scores in Ultimate NES remix it says something like "this card cannot be used for that operation". Any other having encountered something similar? I guess online support will be blocked first and then the card will be patched next fw update. Even if Nintendo blocks it before zelda mm release I'm very pleased with my sky3ds. I give it an 8/10 ;)

I hope it gets blocked soon.

Fotonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I played around with my sky3ds for a week and I'm very happy with it. Today I noticed that when I'm update scores in Ultimate NES remix it says something like "this card cannot be used for that operation". Any other having encountered something similar? I guess online support will be blocked first and then the card will be patched next fw update. Even if Nintendo blocks it before zelda mm release I'm very pleased with my sky3ds. I give it an 8/10 ;)

You just need to change the cartridge ID in the header provided by sky3ds and write it again to the microsd.
Doing this will enable online play if the cart. ID you entered is valid.
You'll lose your save data for that game since saves depend on the cart. ID

You'll find plenty of information on how to change headers to enable online play on the forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc