Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ~Wiiloader~, Aug 2, 2010.

Aug 2, 2010
  1. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

Member ~Wiiloader~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do i need to buy an Official Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector or can i buy USB Wi-Fi Connector that's NOT Nintendos official, from some Computer Shop?

I want to play games online with my Nintendo DS lite

My PC has Windows XP sp3

Thanks in Advance [​IMG]

2. Uncout

Newcomer Uncout Member

United Kingdom
    I think as long as you get a USB device with AOSS capabilities, it should work. If you have a wii I think that can be used if its connected to the internet, many buffalo routers have it, and apparently, the PS3 as well, but thats for use with the PSP, so i'm not sure if it works with the DS or not, I see no reason it shouldn't. Hope that helps.

3. Breyyne

Newcomer Breyyne Newbie

United States
    The DS lite should also be able to see most Wireless routers.
    That is how both my DS lite and DSi XL connect.

4. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    You'll only need those things to go online if you've got a WPA encyption or it can't find the router (unlikely).

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    many of the dongle devices fail to work with the nds in one way or another. the original nintendo branded device doesn't work well with vista or win7. even in xp, i recall, you had to install hacked drivers to make it work. remember that "ds" mode uses no-encryption or WEP only. some of the wifi dongles only broadcast with WPA, these would not work with the nds. make sure you write e-mails before you make a purchase and get all the details. also buy from someone who will allow you to return it without question.

goodluck!
    -another world

6. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I used mine on windows XP for a long time with no special software. It worked great after I installed all the software on the cd and nothing else.

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You can use any dongle just as long as it can be broadcasted in WEP, like AW said. If you'd like an Official NDS Adapter but would also like to share it with other non-Nintendo products, you can hack it to to broadcast as a Soft-AP. This, however, is only possible on Win XP. I currently found use for my Nintendo USB Connector, after I got a wireless router, for my sister's computer as there is no LAN in her room but she can reach WiFi & is running Win XP so i just hacked it in the opposite manner (Using it not as an access point but more like a network card to access the WiFi transmitted by my wireless router)