Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mind the bump.
I found some new info.
Edit: To elaborate
The common bytes are found in about the same area in the video files. but they do not depict anything relating to size.
They are short 16 bit values in what I would assume is big endian since the rest of the file is.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can't be bothered to read all the post about Nintendos Video etc - but out of curiousity...
... is there a way to 'backup' the videos ??

It's annoying that you can only view the videos for a limited time (~ 1 week each time there's a new video)... I would like to be able to have - say - all the 'Oscar' videos on the 3DS to view at any time

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Can't be bothered to read all the post about Nintendos Video etc - but out of curiousity...

It's annoying that you can only view the videos for a limited time (~ 1 week each time there's a new video)... I would like to be able to have - say - all the 'Oscar' videos on the 3DS to view at any time
you can only store and view up to 4 videos on your 3ds at a time. you can however back them up on your computer either by copying from your sd card or downloading from nintendo servers.

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nano351 said:
CannonFoddr said:

you can only store and view up to 4 videos on your 3ds at a time. you can however back them up on your computer either by copying from your sd card or downloading from nintendo servers.

Just imagine:

Advertising: "Buy the amazing new SONY 3D Supervision Flatscreen ! With a resolution up to QUAD-HD, up to 1,07 colors depth in field and ultra deep 3D Supervision technology to watch all games and movies in ultrearealistic 3D !!!!! Get YOUR 3D SV-FS NOW !!!"

You run to your local store and grab such a screen. Extremely excited you wire the screen and switch it on... WOW !!! But wait .... second. Somethings wrong. There is no 3D, max. resolution 1080p and 32bit color depth. You try for hours and hours, but no go. You ask yourself, if you bought the wrong type of screen or if you are dumb. But no, you are not.

Finally suddenly a 3D video appears on screen out of nowhere. You are so lucky ! Full Quad-HD, full colors, full 3D !!! It´s a SONY video that shows you all the fantastic capabilities of your new hardware and tells you, that you will be able to use these features somewhere in the future with the SONY video online store and exclusice SONY online Gaming content. There will be also a new breathtaking SONY online OS that will make it possible to get full resolution + colors on your desktop. But you
have to wait and pay. Step by step all the screens features will be unlocked.

Of course, you won´t be able to save any video or game, since you just get a daily license to be refreshed over and over. All content is streamed and stored partitially somewhere on the internal SSD hard drive, enrcypted and of course you will never see those files or be able to use this SSD.

What would you say about such a product ?
What would be the difference between such a policy and Nintendo 3DS policy ?
Who would ever buy such a screen ?

Many people would be so crazy for the 3DS if you could simply convert 3D content and just play + record 3D videos with internal camera.
I also ask myself if it would be so difficult to let NDS games run in 3D.. I mean, many games are 3D internal yet... Like on PC you can
simply switch to 3D through the driver. There is even a homebrew 3D plugin for PSP games....

I mean, what is the use of such a nice hardware if you can´t simply use it ?

So I hope very much that you freaks out there will someday manage to let all of us use and enjoy the 3DS 3D screen as we wish and like...
That will be a happy day .... Good luck !

btw: Sony tried to fool the PSP users in a similar way by selling the people UMD Videos and restricting self converted videos to a ridiculous resolution.
We have seen where all that lead to... Nintendo should be smart and learn from that, but... they won´t.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At heart, 3ds is a game console with some 3d video capabilities; not a portable 3d video player. For simplicity it automatically downloads and stores up to 4 videos at a time. If it automatically downloaded more it'd fill up your sd card with videos you don't want. True it could be better but I don't think it matters since it's just a small addon.

I believe I read somewhere that 3d video recording is planned for a future system update, you're not really going to get too good of quality of video from that camera anyway though.

As for 3d in ds games, it possibly could be done if instead of switch to ds mode the system ran the games in 3ds mode and had a virtualization layer in which video was converted to 3d. Either nintendo thought it wasn't really worth the effort, didn't work well enough with all ds games, or simply wanted 3d to be unique to 3ds games so they sell better.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
actually, portable 3D video player WAS one of the main selling points. else why promise 3D Hollywood movies?

at least that was the main selling point for me. i have this strong fervent desire, however unlikely, that someday, hopefully soon, Nintendo decides to also partner with 20th Century Fox and release the 3DS version of the movie Avatar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...