Nintendo to start selling... Computer software?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
While it would be nice to have Nintendo games on PC, how many do you actually think would play well with a keyboard? Might be troublesome to play Nintendo games with a keyboard (Unless they redesign the entire control scheme)
I only had PC back in the day and obviously used the keyboard, nothing wrong with it.
Sonic, Jazz Jackrabbit, Wacky Wheels, Need for Speed 2 and 3, Super Mario World, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Smash Bros 64, Rayman 2 and more played really well TBH. I was an unstoppable machine on fighting games too.
In fact, when I played Rayman 2 on a friend's house on 64 I couldn't control Rayman properly. I only got really interested on gamepads around 2006 and got used to them.
And while all that skill has withered I still can hold my own with a trusty keyboard.
Is just a thing of habit.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its funny, because in the early days of Nintendo, they actually tried making restaurants as a way to expand themselves from just playing cards. It obviously fell through and they decided to make toys instead, but its nice to see them trying to go back to their roots.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its funny, because in the early days of Nintendo, they actually tried making restaurants as a way to expand themselves from just playing cards. It obviously fell through and they decided to make toys instead, but its nice to see them trying to go back to their roots.
The also made Love Hotels :tpi:

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LET'S GET RIGHT INTO THE NEWS!

I could see Legend of Zelda working as a PC game but for platformers? Not entirely sure at that.

If this does end up to be true, I hope they don't make their own exclusive client like Uplay or Origin. I prefer having games at my Steam Library tyvm

This wouldn't be the first time Nintendo was involved with PC software. Back in 1992, they released Mario Teaches Typing (I believe in conjunction with InterPlay).

To extend what you said, I hate games that are connected to any sort of client, be it Origin, Uplay, Steam, or otherwise. They could easily release a social client branded under their company without requiring you to have it running to play the games, but then no one would use them!* I try to keep a clean startup on my PC, so I have to wait for Steam/Origin/Battle.net/etc to load before I can play the game I want to play and heaven forbid I not have internet when the client tries to load!!!

*Making the connection to the social network optional while allowing integrated social features within the game would be acceptable and efficient, as they could use the same protocols in each game, but making it mandatory is annoying!

Last edited by 3DSPoet,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

loco365

Trophies
XP
While it would be nice to have Nintendo games on PC, how many do you actually think would play well with a keyboard? Might be troublesome to play Nintendo games with a keyboard (Unless they redesign the entire control scheme)
What if they released a USB device to hook Wii controllers to so that you could play those games?

As for PC software, it would be really nice to see some titles come to PC. I could see Mario Kart being a great game to play on Steam, honestly.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if they released a USB device to hook Wii controllers to so that you could play those games?

As for PC software, it would be really nice to see some titles come to PC. I could see Mario Kart being a great game to play on Steam, honestly.

There are already homebrew hacks you an use to connect a WiiMote to a PC using Bluetooth and special drivers, if you want to play with that idea with existing games. An official accessory would be nice, though. The motion controls don't really work well on a PC, though, as most of us are accustomed to sitting in front of our PC to use it. (Not that we all used to stand up to play games before motion controls came out, but you know...)

loco365

Trophies
XP
There are already homebrew hacks you an use to connect a WiiMote to a PC using Bluetooth and special drivers, if you want to play with that idea with existing games. An official accessory would be nice, though. The motion controls don't really work well on a PC, though, as most of us are accustomed to sitting in front of our PC to use it. (Not that we all used to stand up to play games before motion controls came out, but you know...)
Yeah, most Bluetooth-enabled devices can connect to older Wii remotes and Wii remotes with a MotionPlus adapter attached, but Wii remotes with MotionPlus built in (That is, basically any remote you buy now) do not work.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not getting full games on phones, what makes you think you are getting full games on PC? If this is even about games.

Let's entertain this. There is still a box and a controller for the TV, but it get most of it's processing from (recommend or can handle the games) PC through
a computer software. The eshop is still connected to the box and it can still have physical media. The box will have some processing of it own, of course, so you can play
small games and stream on the box itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...