Nintendo teases a possible new console

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly on March 2022, a new console will be revealed. It is spoken of as a switch, but also in the likes of a Wii, and DS, maybe cross compatible. It is also confirmed that you can link your current Nintendo Account with it. The anticipation of the Switch’s 5th anniversary may bring more excitement than we thought…
EB35CAF9-1208-4FD7-9537-FC2A758F8696.jpeg

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Very sketchy.
But there's rumours that "Breath of the Wild 2" will be launched on a next gen console.
But again, just rumours.
A BotW sequel on a newer console sounds good... but why? The Switch isn't nearly leading to the end of it's current life cycle.
According to the document where that graph comes from, a Nintendo Switch logo is above the "releases coming close":
1636156511009.png

So I would say BotW 2 is still planned for Switch.

So...
The first article says it was published seven months ago, the second one doesn't say any release date, and judging by he thirds URL, it's from march this year.

Are you combining Nintendo's current financial data (where you got the graph), and news from seven months ago?

Also, the financial document by Nintendo says "march 2022" since that's when the fiscal year ends, not 'cause those are deadlines or something like it.

-
EDIT: Reading the second article, it actually says:
1636156949093.png

So, you linking that news doesn't match with your post.

Reactions: DudderButter

Awesome_Dude332

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Xbox and Playstation making next gen consoles, I guess its only reasonable that Nintendos thinking of doing the same thing. I wonder if it would be something as innovative as the ds or just a switch 2.

techmuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because of what the OP stated, does this mean Nintendo will either do something similar of what they did in the Wii/DS and WiiU/3DS era? maybe even pull a wiiu but actually make it properly portable and the controller is similar to the gamepad.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These reports were published so long ago - way before the OLED Switch was announced. Things would have changed now, especially with chip shortages, Nintendo would be dumb to launched a new generation console if they don't have enough units to sell.

We all know that Bloomberg has got the OLED Switch prediction wrong, better not trust what they said.

Reactions: JeepX87

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A BotW sequel on a newer console sounds good... but why?
I mean it's Nintendo.
Notice how they're missing the WiiU from that picture... assuming it's an official Nintendo picture.
It's sketchy, but the rumor of BOTW2 is mentioned in couple YouTube videos I've seen lately.

Remember how Twilight Princess was launched alongside the Wii and GameCube?
Same with BOTW, released on WiiU and Switch at the same time.

If the rumors are true, it's nothing they haven't done before.

Reactions: E1ite007

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A BotW sequel on a newer console sounds good... but why? The Switch isn't nearly leading to the end of it's current life cycle.
According to the document where that graph comes from, a Nintendo Switch logo is above the "releases coming close":View attachment 283443
So I would say BotW 2 is still planned for Switch.

So...
The first article says it was published seven months ago, the second one doesn't say any release date, and judging by he thirds URL, it's from march this year.

Are you combining Nintendo's current financial data (where you got the graph), and news from seven months ago?

Also, the financial document by Nintendo says "march 2022" since that's when the fiscal year ends, not 'cause those are deadlines or something like it.

-
EDIT: Reading the second article, it actually says:
View attachment 283444
So, you linking that news doesn't match with your post.
I am not sure a Switch would release at that time, however, it would be a good time to but in a release window

Oh, and this was a few hours ago

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...eases-next-gaming-system-after-switch/.179249

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean it's Nintendo.
Notice how they're missing the WiiU from that picture... assuming it's an official Nintendo picture.
It's sketchy, but the rumor of BOTW2 is mentioned in couple YouTube videos I've seen lately.

Remember how Twilight Princess was launched alongside the Wii and GameCube?
Same with BOTW, released on WiiU and Switch at the same time.

If the rumors are true, it's nothing they haven't done before.
Well, the pic comes from here, the second quarter financial report.
Although I swear I've seen that photo before, also in a financial report but from last year. Maybe it was similar and they added something new in this year's report.

madafaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Supposedly on March 2022, a new console will be revealed. It is spoken of as a switch, but also in the likes of a Wii, and DS, maybe cross compatible. It is also confirmed that you can link your current Nintendo Account with it. The anticipation of the Switch’s 5th anniversary may bring more excitement than we thought…View attachment 283441
only true idiots believe this shit cause nintendo obviously is going to release another console before 2024 but speculation works for individuals with low iq until they think they prove something when mighty nintendo appears announcing their shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all