Hardware Nintendo Switch with Broken LCD not working Dock?

PolyPig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a banned nintendo switch console, that I have hacked in the past, but then successfully reverted. My digitizer had been messed up for a while, so I decided one day to replace it. I was successful, but I stupidly forgot about the adhesive to keep the LCD in place. Inevitably, I placed my switch into a backpack and when I took it out, the LCD backlight ribbon cable was ripped. (the small one) and since then I have not had the money to get a replacement LCD. I tried docking my switch into the original dock, with nothing working. I can hear audio still coming out of the switch itself when docked. Iv'e tried my friend's dock with no success. I have also tried a NC-ZOOM Usb-c adapter i had laying around, And That doesnt work either. (I have checked that there are no shorts in any parts of the board.)

Can someone please tell me what I can do in my situation or why no docks are working?
Also could I get some advice other than "get a job" on making some money to get a new lcd?

xstre pwnsx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if having a working plugged in lcd is necessary for the dock to function. In which case time to get a job hippy.:rofl2:
Though you could try the joys of soldering jumper wires to the lcd ribbon cable, I personally wouldn't do this but if you're strapped for cash and have time to spare and tools that's a route you could go!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait did I read this right you're asking for advice on how to make money, so that you can buy a new screen? : o

PolyPig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got a job at a job but all the money goes to support the family, (bills, food, etc) I just got a new lcd

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some chokes near LCD connector check continuity on them, they can go bad if ripped lcd cable shorted wrong pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)