OP
Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think a "don't modify the ticket" is needed, since multiple people will dump their games but not share them.

(btw, just to be sure, is the nsp produced in the end a valid nsp if re-installed on the console it was dumped from?)

By default, the ticket is modified (assuming the item was not an update), so that the NSP, assuming signature check patching is enabled, would be valid for ALL consoles. There currently isn't an option to leave the ticket unmodified. Such an option would produce NSPs that would only be valid for the very console it was dumped from.

"traces of having ever run cfw"? Do you know the process of runing a cfw on switch?

Just good old being paranoid measures, just in case some telemetry data that nintendo might log about you going into cfw mode and running kezplez results in nintendo detecting that you went into cfw at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

for larger games already downloaded does this dump split files? hopefully we'll see some split nsps around so us fat32 dudes can install some big games once tinfoil works with them B-)

Have not personally seen split NSPs, so I don't know what the exact standard is, in order to be able to implement it directly.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By default, the ticket is modified (assuming the item was not an update), so that the NSP, assuming signature check patching is enabled, would be valid for ALL consoles. There currently isn't an option to leave the ticket unmodified. Such an option would produce NSPs that would only be valid for the very console it was dumped from.

Just good old being paranoid measures, just in case some telemetry data that nintendo might log about you going into cfw mode and running kezplez results in nintendo detecting that you went into cfw at all.

Have not personally seen split NSPs, so I don't know what the exact standard is, in order to be able to implement it directly.
Yeah that's what i actually asked for. If there was such an option, would it produce a valid nsp (launchable with no sigpatches) for the console?
(btw are those tied to the acounnt or only to the console?)

The only pure homebrew ban was someone using a gba emulator that crashed. And they deleted error log on 5.x which is already declared as unsafe.

Last edited by mariogamer,

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a "don't modify the ticket" is needed, since multiple people will dump their games but not share them.

(btw, just to be sure, is the nsp produced in the end a valid nsp if re-installed on the console it was dumped from?)

Then this tool isn't for them, we don't need people who won't share and contribute to the scene.

EDIT: Also I should add that Nintendo already provides users with a personal DRM'd backup that is married to their Switch. Thus there is no reason they need to be creating NSPs and can simply make a copy of their SD card as it serves the same purpose as it can only be restored to that Switch console. The bottom line is users don't need to create NSPs if all they want to do is backup DRM files that are married to that specific Switch.

Last edited by tubebar,

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would not make any sense.
It dumps legally purchased games without the need to use Freeshop/CDNSP at all.

This was possible all the time, Switch doesn't make a difference between legit purchased game and downloaded nsp in CFW. But the ticket will match with a legit purchase, so probably no ban if playing those online.

Connecting online with ANY modified NAND whether in CFW mode or not will always be a potential ban risk as you violated Nintendo's TOS. The only 99.9% safe way is to only go online with OFW (that is a NAND that was never modified, a virgin NAND). We don't know what triggers the bans but if you want to risk it and tell us how it works out for you that's fine but I am not as brave.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then this tool isn't for them, we don't need people who won't share and contribute to the scene.

EDIT: Also I should add that Nintendo already provides users with a personal DRM'd backup that is married to their Switch. Thus there is no reason they need to be creating NSPs and can simply make a copy of their SD card as it serves the same purpose as it can only be restored to that Switch console. The bottom line is users don't need to create NSPs if all they want to do is backup DRM files that are married to that specific Switch.
I actually forgot the official way lol.
Still useful to extract the nsp. Since we get the game data too.

Connecting online with ANY modified NAND whether in CFW mode or not will always be a potential ban risk as you violated Nintendo's TOS. The only 99.9% safe way is to only go online with OFW (that is a NAND that was never modified, a virgin NAND). We don't know what triggers the bans but if you want to risk it and tell us how it works out for you that's fine but I am not as brave.

btw a clean nand can also be a nand that has run cfw (hekate atmo or reinx) since they write nothing to nand.
I do not include error stuff.

Hekate/cfw itself can't currently be detected on current firm.
Sx os was and is always.... meh

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a bit of a problem mid-way through dumping NCAs and cannot continue without the same error popping up immediately now.
Capture.PNG

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at SwitchSDTool.Form1.btnDecryptNCA_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually forgot the official way lol.
Still useful to extract the nsp. Since we get the game data too.

All a user who wants their keys preserved needs to do is keep a copy of their NAND and the SD Card. Then they have some great DRM backups only they could use and only on that 1 Switch (to bad if it breaks). Installing an NSP w/ the real tik is not only unnecessary (just re download from eShop) it may get that user banned as legit titles are not supposed to be installed via NSPs and on CFW and Nintendo would see that. If the purpose is to create your own personal backup married to a specific switch don't bother w/ NSPs. I think we all agree with this.

btw a clean nand can also be a nand that has run cfw (hekate atmo or reinx) since they write nothing to nand.
I do not include error stuff.

A clean NAND is a Virgin NAND that has never been modded. That is the only safe bet, nearly 100%. We don't know how Nintendo is detecting these. If you want to risk your $300USD (now cost has gone up w/ new unhackables flooding the market) go right ahead and let us know how it works out. Also remember to wipe your SD Card clean of ALL hack tools, just to be safe as if Nintendo doesn't look for them now - they may in future FW updates. It's better to play it safe.

Hekate/cfw itself can't currently be detected on current firm. Sx os was and is always.... meh

I'm not willing to risk the ban hammer and take that bet. Let us know how that works out for you and we will know.

caitsith2

OP
Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ran into a bit of a problem mid-way through dumping NCAs and cannot continue without the same error popping up immediately now.
View attachment 139842
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at SwitchSDTool.Form1.btnDecryptNCA_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Managed to reproduce the exact bug. It turns out one of your ([SD Drive Letter]:\Nintendo\Contents\registered\000000XX\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.nca\ directories is empty. I will post a build that fixes this very issue and reports any and all such empty directories. In the meantime, go look for such empty directories in your SD card and remove them.

Reactions: ruyor

strongesthylian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having some trouble here. I think I have followed the directions correctly, but when I go to decrypt the NCAs, each decrypt is failing. I have the keys.txt file in the same directory as SwitchSDTool.exe. Am I doing something incorrectly?

hactool -t nax0 --sdseed=[redacted] --sdpath="/registered/00000049/[redacted].nca" --plaintext="E:\NSwitchBackup\nspdecrypt\[redacted].nca" "G:\Nintendo\Contents\registered\00000049\[redacted].nca\00"
Standard Output:
Error Output: [WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "eticket_rsa_kek", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "rsa_oaep_kek_generation_source", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "rsa_private_kek_generation_source", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "eticket_rsa_kek_source", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "eticket_rsa_kekek_source", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek_source_x", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "ssl_rsa_kek_source_y", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "per_console_key_source", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "sd_card_save_key", (value "[redacted]")
[WARN]: Failed to match key "sd_card_nca_key", (value "[redacted]")
Key () must be 288 hex digits!

aurmend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im getting a
keys.txt
PRODINFO.bin

missing error, except i have those, i placed them everywhere i can think of. any ideas?

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have followed the directions correctly, but when I go to decrypt the NCAs, each decrypt is failing.
I'm having the same error except mine lists many more mismatched keys. Hactool is obviously failing to match the keys for some reason but I can't tell why. It doesn't make much sense since my keys.txt file looks the same as every other I can find online. My only guess is that the SD seed is wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night