Country
Canada

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Noob question, it can dump games that were downloaded vía freeshopNX ?
That would not make any sense.
It dumps legally purchased games without the need to use Freeshop/CDNSP at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dońt get it, does this allow you to use your very own purchased games in cfw and use them to play online from there?
This was possible all the time, Switch doesn't make a difference between legit purchased game and downloaded nsp in CFW. But the ticket will match with a legit purchase, so probably no ban if playing those online.

Reactions: MisterMue
D

Deleted User

best tool ever!
Finally I can backup Bayonetta I as NSP xD
and all of my other eshop games too :)
awsome work - thanks!

caitsith2

OP
Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
The NCAs are not modified by this tool, in fact, integrity is verified both after decryption, and during the NSP packing. The only thing modified is the ticket, and only in the cases where the ticket is console unique. tickets of game updates are left unmodified. Might add a feature to NOT modify the tickets even for the console unique ones. That however would produce an NSP that could only ever be re-installed on the same console that it was dumped from, as the title key in such tickets is encrypted with a console unique RSA key.

Also of note, is that NSP is just a container format, that contains multiple NCA files, one of which is a meta data NCA, the certificate chain, the ticket, and a human readable XML version of the meta data nca.

Last edited by caitsith2,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The NCAs are not modified by this tool, in fact, integrity is verified both after decryption, and during the NSP packing. The only thing modified is the ticket, and only in the cases where the ticket is console unique. tickets of game updates are left unmodified. Might add a feature to NOT modify the tickets even for the console unique ones. That however would produce an NSP that could only ever be re-installed on the same console that it was dumped from, as the title key in such tickets is encrypted with a console unique RSA key.

Also of note, is that NSP is just a container format, that contains multiple NCA files, one of which is a meta data NCA, the certificate chain, the ticket, and a human readable XML version of the meta data nca.
I think a "don't modify the ticket" is needed, since multiple people will dump their games but not share them.

(btw, just to be sure, is the nsp produced in the end a valid nsp if re-installed on the console it was dumped from?)

ernieshmitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for larger games already downloaded does this dump split files? hopefully we'll see some split nsps around so us fat32 dudes can install some big games once tinfoil works with them B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1