1. Raiquazzza

OP Raiquazzza Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hello=) I've got myswitch a few days ago and I've finally was able to test it in the dock? It is..well..rather noisy and hot when I've been playing yoshi's crafted world. Is it normal? I am freaking out, to be honest

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If it doesn't randomly shut off or freeze then you are good to go.

3. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    The switch have piss poor cooling. I changed it in one of mines and then it works like a charm!

4. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  5. umbreon112

umbreon112 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The Switch can get quite hot in the dock, especially if you play for extended periods of time. I don't think there's much you can do outside of running a fan / air conditioner (and make sure the vent isn't blocked), but like Hayato said as long as it's not turning off, it should be fine.

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    is the dock standing in an open area? make sure there's room behind it, that's where it draws in air.

that said, yes, the switch does get warm in some games, like BotW and probably yoshi too and that's perfectly normal.
    warm and hot are rather subjective terms, so does it feel like a radiator? if you touch it for a couple seconds, would you say it's painfully hot?

the noise sounds questionable. i know you can hear the fan when you get close with your ear, but it shouldn't really be very notable when there's game sounds in the room.
    does it sound weird? like, scratchy, clanky? is the air-flow constant?

7. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    I dont think i ever heard my fan on my Swicth, even if it gets hot(maybe i wasn't paying attention).
    If you are to worried about the heat killing your switch, you could replace the thermal paste, it helps keeps temps lower, or get a Dock Replacement Case.
    https://www.amazon.com/BASSTOP-Portable-Replacement-Nintendo-Original/dp/B071YVC3NJ

Gives you the same free air-flow in docked mode as you get in handheld mode.

IMG_20190605_154811.jpg IMG_20190605_160445.jpg IMG_20190605_160513.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, overheat, switch