Abdallah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, all.

I know that Katsukity has sold those custom mod kits, but they have since closed their doors and don't sell them any more.

I'm reaching out to anyone who has purchased one or knows of someone who has one, in order to potentially borrow or purchase from them. I'd like to get my hands on one to record some Nintendo Labo VR.

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Abdallah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think there is any out there for Handheld mode, Katsukity went bankrupt, I don't think loopy will create one for the switch.
This thread isn't meant to chat about what you think is out there. It's meant for people to reply with a potential person who purchased an original Katsukity Switch Board (that they're not using) or to find someone who knows of another person who can pick up the reigns and build on themselves. Serious replies only. Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread isn't meant to chat about what you think is out there. It's meant for people to reply with a potential person who purchased an original Katsukity Switch Board (that they're not using) or to find someone who knows of another person who can pick up the reigns and build on themselves. Serious replies only. Thanks.

Anyway, good luck to you if you aren't gonna listen to what others have to say, people on the forum can't help you, just trying to help you. Best luck searching for them, they usually shows up on ebay for sell sometime.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Abdallah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, good luck to you if you are gonna listen to what others have to say, people on the forum can't help you, just trying to help you. Best luck searching for them, they usually shows up on ebay for sell sometime.
eBay auctions. THAT is helpful. Thanks.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Hey, all.

I know that Katsukity has sold those custom mod kits, but they have since closed their doors and don't sell them any more.

I'm reaching out to anyone who has purchased one or knows of someone who has one, in order to potentially borrow or purchase from them. I'd like to get my hands on one to record some Nintendo Labo VR.

Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

if you modify the docking station for the switch, you can use it in a "sort of docked handheld mode" but it would probably weight the unit down some.

Abdallah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite, try the 2D mode.
Elaborate? LABO VR prevents the use of docked mode in 99% of it's games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You may be able to use a USB-C extension cable (or a HDMI dongle) to get TV out in VR. Might not work though.
Do you have proof of your suggestion anywhere?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Elaborate? LABO VR prevents the use of docked mode in 99% of it's games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have proof of your suggestion anywhere?
Proof of what? I said it might work, I never claimed it's guaranteed.
Depends on if the VR will even output to the dock at all.
It wont work in most cases - Nintendo's dock has a special chip that has a required firmware IIRC.

That said, you can modify the dock to be portable itself, might make it easy enough?
Thought it was obvious I meant a Switch compatible HDMI dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...