Gaming Nintendo Switch Firmware Version 9.2.0 Released

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
is there any point in updating to 10.3 atmosphere if I am still running 9.1 firmware? will it work with lower firmwares? or only 9.2 and up?
It works with lower firmwares too. But if everything works fine for you, there is no need to update atmosphere for now.

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works with lower firmwares too. But if everything works fine for you, there is no need to update atmosphere for now.

I have actually been having some crash issues lately so was thinking about updating to this " much more stable" release lol

DSMan97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
is there any point in updating to 10.3 atmosphere if I am still running 9.1 firmware? will it work with lower firmwares? or only 9.2 and up?
If your firmware is lower than atmosphere version all is ok, if firmware is upper than atmosphere version, atmosphere probably not boot

Last edited by DSMan97,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE2: hekate is now able to get sept binaries from inside a fss0 - oh? What does this mean?
fss0 = fusee secondary.
It means hekate can now grab sept binaries from it like it already did with kips/secmon/lp0fw instead of grabbing them from SD:/sept/.
It’s useful for those idiots who update everything except the sept folder for whatever reason and then are unable to boot.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
fss0 = fusee secondary.
It means hekate can now grab sept binaries from it like it already did with kips/secmon/lp0fw instead of grabbing them from SD:/sept/.
It’s useful for those idiots who update everything except the sept folder for whatever reason and then are unable to boot.
yaaay idiot proofing!

dibil08

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
So I accidenlty made a FW update and gor the kernel not found error, I reinstalled latest atmosphere and hekate today and still have the same problem. Is there anything else that needs to be update? I am probably missing something.

DSMan97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I accidenlty made a FW update and got the kernel not found error, I reinstalled latest atmosphere and hekate today and still have the same problem. Is there anything else that needs to be update? I am probably missing something.
I was having the same problem like you. I just solved injecting the new hekate 5.1.2.
Note 5.1.1 not work( I tested).

Last edited by DSMan97,

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fallowed the nh switch guide but can't boot atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC when the guide tells me too. I get an error about the hos not being supported and questioned if my emmc is corrupt. I just made the emmc per the guide, but can't boot atmosphere in the next step.

Running on a not ipatched 9.2.0 ofw with atmosphere 10.4... think hedicat is 5.1.2

Using rcmloader to inject my payloads

Gonna try sdsetup and redo my SD card.... Or whatever. Making the emmc atm, will fallow up after that. Maybe I'm using hecat 5.1.1 and that's throwing it off...

Do I remade the emmc, turned it off, out the sd card in PC to refresh the fat32 partitions files, booted back to hekate 5.1.2 and my emmc sd raw 1 was gone! Rebuilding now...

Omg auto correct, sorry. Still can't boot to emmc, but I can boot sys. Gonna make my own "I'm an idiot, why can't I hack switch" thread

Nevermind, sd card ended up being bunk.

elite-fusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I recently got the rcmloader and decided to try to play around with things today after having the switch in my drawer for a few months.

I put all the stuff needed on the SD card as well as updated the loader and all the payloads. But when I turned on my switch, it went through an updated by accident and now im on 9.2.0

Is there a way to downgrade back to 8.1.0? Or am I stuck with not being able to use the rcmloader now?

I read through this thread and noticed someone say that you can get atmosphere running on 9.2.0 but not seeing how to do it.

I downloaded the latest atmosphere and put it on the SD card, I also put the latest fuse file and renamed it to payload.bin and put it on the rcmloader in the atmosphere folder.

turned the NS off, removed right joycon, installed the jig, pressed vol + and power for 3 seconds. inserted the usb-c dongle after making sure its on the atmosphere payload, but nothing happens.

what am i doing wrong? how can I fix this?

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I recently got the rcmloader and decided to try to play around with things today after having the switch in my drawer for a few months.

I put all the stuff needed on the SD card as well as updated the loader and all the payloads. But when I turned on my switch, it went through an updated by accident and now im on 9.2.0

Is there a way to downgrade back to 8.1.0? Or am I stuck with not being able to use the rcmloader now?

I read through this thread and noticed someone say that you can get atmosphere running on 9.2.0 but not seeing how to do it.

I downloaded the latest atmosphere and put it on the SD card, I also put the latest fuse file and renamed it to payload.bin and put it on the rcmloader in the atmosphere folder.

turned the NS off, removed right joycon, installed the jig, pressed vol + and power for 3 seconds. inserted the usb-c dongle after making sure its on the atmosphere payload, but nothing happens.

what am i doing wrong? how can I fix this?

First question. Is your switch ipatched? Google ipatched switched via serial number, lower is better. If you're ipatched, this method will not work for you, ie this is the issue, we need to know before moving on..

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are hilariously skittish about Firm updating a console that's had it's bootROM appstack and BPMP effectively smashed wide open and laid bare for us to do with as we will, allowing for the injection of our big ol' liberating loads into its vulnerable code as needed for pwning TrustZone privs, loader, NCM, ExeFS write, etc etc.. with no way to stop us...ever. LOL There is really nothing Nintendo can do to completely bar you from having your way with the little sluwitch, if your hardware was manufactured pre-june'ish 2018, prior to the start of fusee-patching the revised models production distribution, which are now everywhere. Though even then there are some ways around it, although not as convenient as the initial exploit.
Point being, if you're injecting payloads via RCM to get your switch fix. Aside from sys function compatibility with modules n brew that roll out with Atmos/Kosmos releases, you'll always still be able to mod your switch through fusee exploit, no matter what other stupidity you may ensue while high on gaming freedom. However, it is wise to at least update Firmware with care, and avoid unnecessarily burning ODM reserved fuses from dispgm register, by using choidujournx, and obviously even better if you're keeping your homebrew/unsigned gamedata on a partitioned EmuMMC sector, and leaving your NAND clean and in its initial state, with a prodinfo backup, and active incognito when in eMMC if youre not using DNS to bar NinServ from collecting any telemetry via creport when/if you do cleanboot into OFW and connect for any reason..:teach:

At any rate, many just need to try understanding what it is they are even doing by utilizing an exploit. What it entails a little beyond just letting one "play super cool free games and other exciting stuff" so that they might reduce the unnecessary worry of accidental update paranoia, net badgering and so forth. Educate yourself, and make the whole collective community IQ rise a bit in turn, sounds cooperative eh? ^_^ Nah, but seriously, we'll actually function far better as a community if everyone did just take the time to properly understand some of the basic concepts or methodology that the Switch 'hacks' actually run on, and what their limitations might be. I know, a perfect world belongs in dreams, but it's not unreasonable to suggest minimal 'effort' in the year 2020 right?
Urgh I'm clearly getting grumpy as my age keeps increasing or something... my tolerance to willful ignorance, and sloth seem to be getting irritatingly low, I need to convince myself to seize caring again... :unsure:

Last edited by pr0dukt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one