Gaming Nintendo Switch Firmware 7.0.1

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a hot minute and no one else has made the thread so...

As you can see, Nintendo has dropped firmware 7.0.1 for the Nintendo Switch to fix a bug for the Pokemon games. As always, don't update if you want to continue using CFW but this update shouldn't impede any progress for 7.0 support.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just a heads up for SX Pro users, those who are running EmuNAND on 6.2, this latest update doesn't affect booting into EmuNAND, make sure you have the latest 2.5.3 SX OS.
I was on Official 6.2 and EmuNAND 6.2, I upgraded my Real NAND to 7.0 so I can continue to play online, this didn't cause any issues and updated to this latest 7.0.1, so far no issues.

There is no reason to update your Real NAND from 6.2 to 7.0.1 if your happily booting into EmuNAND on 6.2, unless you want to go online on Real NAND.

Last edited by xs4all,

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just a heads up for SX Pro users, those who are running EmuNAND on 6.2, this latest update doesn't affect booting into EmuNAND, make sure you have the latest 2.5.3 SX OS.
I was on Official 6.2 and EmuNAND 6.2, I upgraded my Real NAND to 7.0 so I can continue to play online, this didn't cause any issues and updated to this latest 7.0.1, so far no issues.

There is no reason to update your Real NAND from 6.2 to 7.0.1 if your happily booting into EmuNAND on 6.2, unless you want to go online on Real NAND.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its been a hot minute and no one else has made the thread so...
https://twitter.com/KannaHayabusa/status/1097650338541248512
As you can see, Nintendo has dropped firmware 7.0.1 for the Nintendo Switch to fix a bug for the Pokemon games. As always, don't update if you want to continue using CFW but this update shouldn't impede any progress for 7.0 support.

Just adding on that the master key didn't change with this, nor does it burn another fuse.

This also still works with ChoidujourNX

Reactions: Draxzelex

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so from the patch description it sounds like bluetooth was turning off when the app using it was closed - so possibly the firmware update is to remove the link between an app running and bluetooth being enabled.. so that bluetooth is enabled / disabled on a system level rather than an app level.

supposedly bluetooth is enabled all the time when the switch is in it's dock (so you don't lose connection to joypads) so maybe when the switch is out of dock mode bluetooth switches off to save power - and of course you need bluetooth connection to the mobile phone if you're out playing the pokemon app and either lets go! games on the switch.

just conjecture, of course.

D

Deleted User

Wii retro update - 25th Anniversary, we went with the Wii Mini idea, and made these functions stop working for 5.0, Wifi no longer works, GameCube doesn't function, and the SD Card slot serves no function anymore. Enjoy the update

BBBcoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, double-checking:
I'm really new to the EmuNand method, installed it and is in 6.2, my SysNand is however in 7.0.0 for e-shop and online play. I can update my SysNand to 7.0.1 because it will not compromise the boot up or anything related to the EmuNand, is that it?

Seriously, from what I've been using lately, there is no point in running the TE's OS when you can run a EmuNand instead. I'm keeping the EmuNand in a different card, unless there's some system flagging method, I am assuming it's pretty much undetectable (assuming you're under the wi-fi safe mode in your emunand, nothing would ring more alarms than the same switch logging into Nintendo servers with two different firmwares).

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by BBBcoon,

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As always, don't update if you want to continue using CFW
Sorry to be an idiot but could you explain this a little?

I thought TX updated SXOS so that you could still boot into emuNAND if you'd updated to 7.0?
Do you mean CFW that aren't using SXOS?

I've probably misunderstood, but I'd appreciate it if you could clarify for me.

Thanks.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be an idiot but could you explain this a little?

I thought TX updated SXOS so that you could still boot into emuNAND if you'd updated to 7.0?
Do you mean CFW that aren't using SXOS?

I've probably misunderstood, but I'd appreciate it if you could clarify for me.

Thanks.
You can't use CFW on firmware 7.X. Meaning if you update to 7.X and you didn't setup EmuNAND, you're locked out of CFW unless you either downgrade or wait for 7.X support. Updating SysNAND to 7.X is not exactly CFW supporting 7.X because the idea is that you will have an EmuNAND partition running a lower firmware. If EmuNAND is updated to 7.X, you cannot boot that either.

Reactions: DoobyDude

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't use CFW on firmware 7.X. Meaning if you update to 7.X and you didn't setup EmuNAND, you're locked out of CFW unless you either downgrade or wait for 7.X support. Updating SysNAND to 7.X is not exactly CFW supporting 7.X because the idea is that you will have an EmuNAND partition running a lower firmware. If EmuNAND is updated to 7.X, you cannot boot that either.
Ah I see, thanks for explaining! :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night