Nintendo Selects OOT Powersaves Not Working?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by frank defranko, Aug 3, 2016.

1. frank defranko
    OP

frank defranko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    United States
    I just recently bought the Nintendo Selects version of Ocarina of Time 3-D through amazon and no matter what I do, powersaves just says unsupported game. Works fine with other games though. I am trying to OOThax through powersaves. Any fix? or am i left to return it.

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Is your power saves a US version? The device is not region free as it seems.

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Nintendo Selects Oot3D version works with Powersaves. I bought one to set up my 2DS with custom firmware and mine works just fine. I don't know what you're talking about. Just keep trying.

4. frank defranko
    OP

frank defranko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    United States
    Yes the powersaves is the US version. And I tried everything from reinstalling powersaves to rebooting comp but it still says unsupported game. Is it possible this cartridge is not compatible with powersaves?

5. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    You can always try to boot Homebrew using browserhax and then the OOT3D sploit installer

6. frank defranko
    OP

frank defranko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    United States
    [​IMG]
    This image is from the OOT pop up,

[​IMG]
    This one is from MHGEN and has a X on a cartridge in the background of the popup

wondering if this means anything

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does Browserhax and oothax sploit work on 11.x.x.? whatever the most recent firmware is.

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The sploit installer DOES NOT WORK on 11.0. It hasn't been updated to work with 11.0 yet. Do not bother trying.

8. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Oh, I seriously didn't know, sorry

9. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    The Sploit Installer doesn"t work as said in 11.0 as it isn"t updated, it will be like 10.7 OOTHax behavior you need to try a lot of times (and when saying a lot is really a lot) with a minium possibility that one of that tries can work.
    So you need to do it with the Powersaves.

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I wasn't saying that towards you. I was just telling OP that it didn't work. It's okay that you didn't know. You were just offering up a suggestion. :)

Majickhat55 likes this.
  11. frank defranko
    OP

frank defranko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    United States
    So even if I got browserhax working and got menuhax (i have a general idea of what these do but this is my first time doing anything with homebrew), I wouldn't be able to put the OOTHAX save into the cartridge?

12. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    No, because the installer isn"t working right now in 11.0, it need to be updated to work in 11.0 and there isn"t an update yet for 11.0 of it.

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You WILL NOT be able to do it with the sploit installer. You NEED to do inject the save WITH Powesaves.

14. frank defranko
    OP

frank defranko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2016
    United States
    Well after maybe 1000 inserts it worked! but ive run into another problem... I got oothax working but when i press a for the Homebrew startup I get a message "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use and then restart the system". I tried googling around but can't find anything I understand.