OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Metroid Other M - Locked Door In Sector 3
Thank you for playing Nintendo products. We have identified an issue with Metroid Other M, which was released on August 31, 2010. While this happens in only rare instances, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have posed to our players.

Problem:
There is a door in Sector 3 that cannot be unlocked and opened. It remains red and locked, making it impossible to advance in the game.

Location Of The Door:
The door that remains red and locked is located in the basement of the Desert Refinery in Sector 3. After defeating the crustacean boss enemies located on the top level of the Desert Refinery, an elevator appears that goes down to this area. The door can be found on the other side of the wall from the three Grapple Points.

The Cause Of This Problem And How To Avoid It:
This sequence of events will cause the door in Sector 3 to remain locked:

1.In the room after the large lava area in Sector 3, battle the Space Pirates to unlock the Ice Beam.

2.Proceed to the second room ahead.

3.Defeat the enemies with spiked, purple legs to unlock the door at the end of the room.

•- To create the issue: Do not go through this door and instead backtrack to the room where the Ice Beam was obtained. Continuing to play from here creates the issue.

•- To avoid the issue: Proceed through the door that was just unlocked at the end of the room before doing any backtracking to any previous rooms.
FIXING THE ISSUE

If you are experiencing this issue, we are able to resolve it by fixing your save data. For instructions on how to set up a repair by sending us your save file on an SD card, or for other options, please call 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm (PST) seven days a week.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...oid-other-m.jsp

I played through the entire game and did not encounter this problem. It still makes me wonder if Nintendo will release a "1.1" version of this game.

--

D

Deleted_171835

This is why Nintendo should have a better online system.
Developers would be able to release updates to games via Wi-Fi.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SPH73 said:
I played through the entire game and did not encounter this problem. It still makes me wonder if Nintendo will release a "1.1" version of this game.
Don't see why they wouldn't unless they intend to suddenly stop manufacturing and selling the game.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait wait wait.
The only way to fix a bad save, is to send them a save file on a physical SD card?
That's....bullshit. Good fucking lord, just email it to someone!
Better yet, ANYBODY with basic save hacking experience could fix it!

D

Deleted-236924

RupeeClock said:
Wait wait wait.
The only way to fix a bad save, is to send them a save file on a physical SD card?
I was thinking the same thing.

ARISMENDY_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i encounter this problem
hate2.gif

this is whay i use wiird codes
yaywii.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You got to send in your SD card to repair the saves?

Might as well just start the game from beginning again.

Nintendo, you should be ashamed.
moogle.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Edit: I am not serious about this

They should give guides how to install the homebrew channel and download a gct code that unlocks the door =P

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
IMO possibility of patches makes devs lazy or at least gives them an excuse to be.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
IMO possibility of patches makes devs lazy or at least gives them an excuse to be.
Oh, you mean like the Twilight Princess Bug that makes it impossible to finish the game?
Or the Super Paper Mario Bug that freezes the game?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
injected11 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Oh, you mean like the Twilight Princess Bug that makes it impossible to finish the game?
Or the Super Paper Mario Bug that freezes the game?
I was able to complete both games several times without ever experiencing those bugs. Nintendo's first party titles tend to be more bug-free than other console first party titles (pre-patches), and are much more bug-free than 3rd party titles (holy shit Activision. Do you playtest at all?)

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You guys really need to learn how to read with your eyes wide open OR learn proper English....read again

QUOTE said:
For instructions on how to set up a repair by sending us your save file on an SD card, or for other options, please call 1-800-255-3700.

^ There are other options available people -_- Just contact them.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Game breaking bug + Nintendo = game breaking lousy solution. The customers win! Who is gonna do all of that (the solution) just to get their sav file fixed? I wouldn't.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder what exactly they tweak in the save file...if someone works that out, it should take a half skilled developer about half an hour to make a simple homebrew app that will decrypt the save, do the same edit, and re-encrypt it. Probably using HW_AHBPROT so no patched IOS is necessary.

Of course, AFAIK, the bug can already be "fixed" with homebrew by using Gecko OS to load the game with the walk through walls cheat and just walk through the locked door. At least, I imagine this should be possible, dunno if it has actually been tested.

As for all the people complaining about an apparently terrible service for fixing the issue: I think its quite a good solution. Reasonably easy for the non-tech savvy.

The only other real option I can think of would be to release a downloadable channel in the Shop Channel, which could modify the save. The channel would have to require the original disc to be inserted (no IOS patches are needed to access save if original disc is inserted, nor HW_AHBPROT), and it'd just patch it, and then you could delete the channel. Perhaps a little overkill, but I think it'd be a better option really, as its near(er) instant. Only problem is for those without internet on their Wii, but they could avail of the current service.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
RupeeClock said:
Wait wait wait.
I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking that too, it's not like the save files are that big...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone