1. Fabis94

Fabis94 Xbawx playa

On par with the Xbox 360 and PS3? Wow it took them 6 years.
    Nice timing too, since Sony and Microsoft should be anouncing their next gen consoles (which should be better than this one) after a year or two.

2. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I like the concept of the Wii much better, but they were viewed by most people as "casual" from this generation.

They got all the casual people's money, and casual people won't want to upgrade that quickly so they're probably switching back to a controller so no one complains about standing up.

I knew they weren't going to just make an HD Wii. Nintendo is much better than that. However, I had absolutely no idea they would announce it this early. I still don't really believe all these rumors.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    yeah and look how that worked for them this gen concentrating on nothing but power and gfx [​IMG]

4. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Like I said in the other thread, just wanted remind people of all the rumors about the Wii that weren't true, reported on many of the same gaming websites:

-That it would have a touch screen controller
    -That it would not have a d-pad or other traditional buttons
    -That it would have a "projector" that projected the action in midair
    -That it would have a "pressure sensitive" controller (similar to the back touch screen on the NGP, actually)
    -That it would use HD-DVD
    -That it would launch in March 2006
    -That it would have a form of head tracking where you could view the action from different perspectives by moving around the room

Do I beleive some of the "cafe" rumors will turn out to be true? Yes. Do I believe a lot of them will be junk? Also yes. Right now the only thing I believe is that will be out holiday 2012 and be HD and powerful. That's about it.

5. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland

6. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    As GamesRadar described it (June 2005), it doesn't fit the DS at all:

"The controller for Nintendo's upcoming Revolution console will feature gyroscopic, tilt-sensitive technology, an LCD touch screen, and a greatly reduced number of face buttons, according to documentation on the US patent website"
    -----
    All of the early prototypes shown to us by Nintendo (even the bizarre Star one) had at least 3 buttons. They all have D-pads except again, for the bizarre star one. See pic below from kotaku.

[​IMG]
    ----
    Nintendo could have tried anything, but this doesn't mean it's going to happen. Since VB, they've had numerous attempts at 3D that never left in house until the 3DS came out.

7. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Maybe they didn't show all?
    I get your point though, and agree.
    Most is bullpoopie.

8. Mondegreen

Mondegreen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I really hope this console is going to be amazingly powerful, whilst still retaining the great Nintendo franchises. Back when the NES first came out, it had power that the other systems could only dream of. Now, the Wii is hardly more powerful than the Gamecube, and, well, I'm not going to mention the DS. Nintendo seems to be moving in a better direction with the 3DS though.

9. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Only about 6 months later the Sega Master System came out, which was a fair wack more powerful. Didn't make it the better system though. Also see the Game Boy vs the Lynx and Game Gear. There wasn't all that much in it between the SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis and Turbografx16/PC-Engine, and all three were blown away spec-wise by the Neo-Geo.

10. Supersonicmonk

Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

Agreed, the NES was the first third gen console and it was obviously more advanced than the various atari's before it. The Sega Master System (the first console I ever played) was far superior in terms of specs but (in my opinion) only had a few decent games like Sonic the Hedgehog which I preferred to the Genesis version and Alex Kidd in Shinobi Land

11. Midna

Midna Banned
    Banned

Albania
    Because the touch screen is what makes the 3DS expensive. it's not like they're dirt cheap and in everything now. It's not like they've been around for several decades. No, of course not.

Edit: First post since my suspension expired. Next time, mods, tell me what I did please.

12. Midna

Midna Banned
    Banned

Albania
  13. madmikeuk

madmikeuk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Looks way too unrefined for Nintendo hardware...

On the subject of "Custom IBM tri-core PowerPC CPU", that sounds *very* similar to the 3.2GHz Tri-Core "Xenon" CPU in the Xbox 360... has IBM reused the Xenon design to develop "Project Café"'s CPU, or has the 'source' used this as inspiration for a made-up console? Both the 360 and "Project Café" have AMD graphics too (though the 360 obviously doesn't have an R700 family GPU)... sounds eerily similar to the 360, which could be a tip-off for a false spec. Just a thought

14. Warrior522

Warrior522 "In all things, balance."

United States
    FASCINATING. 83

15. Midna

Midna Banned
    Banned

Albania
    Hmm, Kotaku reported this. They said it came straight from /v/
    I'll label it as none too credible then.

16. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    FAKE!
    The screenshot has been taken straight from photoshop!
    You can see the grey borders [​IMG]

17. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    IT may have been taken from photoshop, but that doesn't mean it's fake.

18. Zeroneo

Zeroneo GBAtemp Fan

This pic came from 4chan so it's very likely to be fake.

19. Mondegreen

Mondegreen Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Well it wouldn't have been too hard for someone to just create that, print it out and take a picture of it would it? I wouldn't be too disappointed if it actually looked like that though.

20. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    If the controller is real, you don't think that would work?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Superthread, Nintendo, Project