Hacking Nintendo Gamecube Controller support for vWii?

RunkMunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

When the Gamecube controller with usb connector to Wii U come out during SSB WiiU release, do you guys think it will be possible to use the Gamecube controller with usb connector as a gamecube controller for vWii emulators such as Snes9x and such?

On Wii you could use gamecube controller although that was inbuilt in Wii consoles, so I wonder how it will work?

Anyhow, do you think the creators of these emulators will release updates to support gamecube controllers on vWii on Wii U softmodded? =)

thx in advance!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Actually Nintendo have backtracked. It will not be recognised as a Classic Controller anymore.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tor-compatible-with-more-than-just-smash-bros

For Smash Bros. only? God damn you Nintendo! Fuck yerself!

Oh wait, it's actually usable with Wii U games at the very least!

That means you can use a GameCube pad to control Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, amongst many others.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The thing is, I was so excited for the possibilities to see NGC games on the Virtual Console and play Wii Mode games with the NGC but turns out it's for the Wii U only, well, I'm glad for that at least because the NGC controller is better than the GamePad and Pro Controller anyway. Except, it's missing the left shoulder button but the games I play on the console don't really use that many buttons any way.

Btw, pre-ordered the bundle (game + adapter) for £40 ($63).

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo continuing to make one bad idea after another with the Wii U. Are they really expecting to push $50+ in adapter and at least one controller on the back of a single game?
Btw, pre-ordered the bundle (game + adapter) for £40 ($63).
Where'd you find it for that price? Cheapest I've seen the bundle is £50.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Zavvi.

I used one of the 10% discount codes and it dropped to £40.49 (without discount it's £44.99).

I've tried getting a discount on Bayonetta 2: Special Edition but the codes either don't work or aren't valid for this specific product (it did work for Smash Bundle so it might be they disabled the codes for B2:SE).

Reactions: Vappy

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo continuing to make one bad idea after another with the Wii U. Are they really expecting to push $50+ in adapter and at least one controller on the back of a single game?

you'd be surprised, what people are willing to pay for smash... I will be getting the game + gc adapter + 1 gc controller for sure and I'm pretty sure lots of people will, too, probably with more controllers, if their old gc controllers aren't working anymore
but the prices bug me too... game 60 $ , adapter 20$, controller 30$ ... now the funny thing... in germany, the game costs 70€ , that's nearly 89$ -.- then knowing the usual price policy of $ to € conversion, the adapter will cost 20€ here and the controller 30€, so thats 120€, a total of 152$, while the americans only pay 110$...

edit: those are the prices, if you buy the items individualy, dunno what the bundles will cost... german amazon doesn't even have the adapter or the gc controllers, so the prices are more or less speculation, don't see a price tag on the american amazon for the whole bundle either

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wait, it's actually usable with Wii U games at the very least!
That means you can use a GameCube pad to control Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, amongst many others.
Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tor-compatible-with-more-than-just-smash-bros again - that statement above is not true, unfortunately. It's only compatible with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tor-compatible-with-more-than-just-smash-bros again - that statement above is not true, unfortunately. It's only compatible with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Agh, I didn't notice that it wasn't part of the updated statement.

Nintendo...
II1kzIt.jpg

I'm still keeping the pre-order unless I find the game for £30 or so.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The NGC controller could have been recognised as a Classic Controller and the Wii Mode plays NGC games when hacked, so it wasn't that obvious it'd turn out like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.