NINTENDO DS USB CHARGER!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Swatkinz, Apr 21, 2009.

Apr 21, 2009

NINTENDO DS USB CHARGER! by Swatkinz at 8:32 PM (1,784 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Swatkinz
    OP

Newcomer Swatkinz Advanced Member

Canada
    Hey guys this is Swatkinz, a.k.a. General Swatkinz I was the head project leader for the Custom Songs for GHOT, that project has not gone far lately, but I have something else thats great, a video on how to make your own NDS USB charger! Its easy, handy to have and looks great.

Works like a charm, using the 5v from a USB port, running it through a cable and converting the one end to the DS charging jack makes for a prefect charger for on the go! Enjoy

2. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    That's nothing new if you're quite good at electronics... [​IMG]
    But I'd rather buy one, that saves working on it myself. And then... I can't see what's the big deal about it. If you caryy your laptop around somewhere you probably won't waste its energy to charge your DS. (And if you would I'd still suggest using a power or energy grip)
    At least you wouldn't need to carry around your Lappy to have some extra energy or an emergency charger. ^^

I still prefere the wall plus my grip. It triples playing time for me. (Backlight and sound on maximum always... ^^)

3. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    You can buy a USB cable that has 5 outputs for ~$3 from DX. Probably better to get that :/

4. Frog

Member Frog GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ..I'd rather use the usb cable that came with my wii remote charger.

5. HoTsHoT89

Member HoTsHoT89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Will USB chargers automatically switch off the charge once it's full?

6. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Why shouldn't they do that? Oo Off course they do... Unless you do not switch your DS on while having it connected to the cable... ^^

7. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    oh.... huh... i thought this was like an actually usb that had power in it that acted as a battery that u could just plug in when ever your ds was low on energy :\

i would so buy one of those

8. HoTsHoT89

Member HoTsHoT89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Initially I thought the circuit that detects the battery charge was on the DS charger itself, which I was afraid it would overcharge my DS. But if the DS is able to detect the full charge and shut itself off then I might be making or buying one [​IMG]

9. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    Lithium ion batteries don't overcharge. Problem solved.