nintendo ds stylus attachment

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by W.I.C.K.E.D., Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009
  1. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

Member W.I.C.K.E.D. GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]

I was interested in buying one of these because my hand tends to cramp up when playing my ds lite. I cannot find any specs on this item at all. It comes with two retractable stylus' to insert inside. My question is, can I use OEM stylus inside this or do I need the retractable ones? I don't know if anyone has owned one of these or possibly knows if retractable stylus' are the same size as original ones. Thank you to any feedback even if it is minor. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
  3. blanco613

Member blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you should go to www.dealextreme.com they have a wide varity of ds lite stylus' they even have retractable ones made of metal that fit in the ds lite like the originals but when you take it out its longer

4. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
    funny you mention that I was just looking at them. My reason for starting this topic is because the stylus' that come with it are reported to be flimsy and can be broken easily. I just didn't know if to get a replacement I had to buy retractable or if standard ds lite stylus would work for this. Hopefully someone knows.

5. blanco613

Member blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Please be more patient when waiting for a response.

Also, posting a thread relating to DS hardware in the GBA hardware section isn't going to help you get the number of replies you wanted.

7. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
    Thanks dice, I must of missed that, don't know how. My main concern is I'm not sure if the stylus is actually extended when it's inside the holder. I can't find this answer anywhere, after searching for a few hours I'm a little discouraged on buying it. If the stylus isn't extended, it should be fine being the retractable ones are fitted to go inside the ds slot. I'd just rather put OEM stylus' in the pen if possible. Figured I'd ask before I go buying and purchasing stylus' for it. THANKS [​IMG]

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i can palm a basketball. the little ds stylus hurts my hand as well. i found the yujin (50 cent machine) ds stylus works really well. its fatter so it fits my hand, and a little bit longer. its just enough so it doesn't hurt. the only down side is that you can't store it in the bottom of your ds.

here is a full set on eBay

-another world

9. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    To add here the word RETRACTABLE in the case of DS stylus means YOU CAN INSERT IT into the stylus compartment of the DS and TAKE IT OUT AGAIN!

ie its A NORMAL STYLUS nothing fancy its exactly like the one you have that came with your DS!

A lot of people are fooled into thinking its a different stylus or extendable or something great ... its not it just means whats written above [​IMG]

edit: the Zelda pack that's in the link above are also sold on Deal Extreme but you don't get to choose which pack you get they just send whatever they have in stock ...[​IMG]

they are here listed as CUTE CARTOON NDS STYLUS 10 PACK I bought a pack and they were multi colored YOSHI's with an egg .. they are not that great and break quite easy .... although they are good to give away as little extra gifts ..which I did for Christmas [​IMG]

10. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
    thanks to everyone that responded, my question still hasn't been answered though. I need to know if the stylus has to be extended while inserted inside this pen for it to work properly. Because if it isn't then it should be possible to insert an OEM stylus and the pen will still work. I'm buying one and if I don't need a retractable one to replace the ones it comes with for inside the pen, I could order replacements easily. I read reviews on the ones this comes with and they are flimsy and break easily so it'd be more sturdy to buy non-retractable ones for it, given if/that they are compatable with it. Thanks [​IMG]

11. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

United States
    I wanna thank anyone who offered feedback for my question. I searched the catacombs of the internet and I believe I found my answer. I believe you can use OEM styli in this product for anyone wondering. Thanks to all in this community [​IMG]

12. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    The best stylus in the world is made by Bensussen. It looks like a fat pen with a rubber grip.