Nintendo DS Lite top screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by assassin98, Jul 1, 2012.

Jul 1, 2012
  1. assassin98
    OP

Member assassin98 GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    i have a problem with my ds lite,whenever i switch it on the top screen used to shake but after somedays it got worse like there are different coloured line on the screen...but when i put it on charge it becomes ok...any ideas how i can fix this problem

2. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    seems to me like its either a battery problem, if the charger completely fixes the problem.
    or a contact problem... only way to check would be to replace the battery with a new one, and if that doesnt work, opening up the ds and check the contacts leading away from the top screen.

im no expert on the second option though, but there should be some guides online for that, if you want to try it

3. assassin98
    OP

Member assassin98 GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    so i need to change the battery pack because it is normal when i charge it or i need to replace the top screen

4. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You must test your DS. Clydefrosch is telling you how to test your DS. Can you borrow someone else's battery, and see if your screen problem goes away? If the problem remains, after trying a different battery, you might want to check the ribbon cable connection for the top screen. With some knowledge, and ten minutes, you can easily reset your DS top screen's ribbon cable. The DS is a fairly simple machine to work with IMO. YouTube has many videos for DS Top Screen Problems and how to fix the problems. Good luck!