Nintendo Developing A Direction Sensing Card?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds.gif
Nintendo Developing A Direction Sensing Card?
DS Houi Sensor Card
Are Nintendo planning on releasing DS games that rely on motion?

QUOTE said:
A curious trademark popped up in Japan’s trademark database one registered by Nintendo for a “DS Houi Sensor Card”. Houi is Japanese for direction so the trademark is related to a DS card that can detect direction or perhaps even sense motion. Motion sensing games for the DS have been done before. Slide Mag Kid came out in 2007. However, it would be interesting if Nintendo built direction/motion sensing directly into DS cards without the use of an accessory. I wonder what Nintendo franchise could make use of such a device.

1231936068dssense-thumb.jpg

icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
They need to make a sequel to Wario Ware Twisted!

Hopefully this new motion sensing device won't contain mercury
rolleyes.gif
Second that.

That was such a bullshit excuse especially when that crappy Yoshi game was allowed to be sold here.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Hopefully this new motion sensing device won't contain mercury
rolleyes.gif
a little mercury never hurt anyone!
happy.gif

QUOTE(Hadrian Uranium @ Jan 14 2009, 09:00 AM) That was such a bullshit excuse especially when that crappy Yoshi game was allowed to be sold here.
I think that yoshi's universal grativation featured a different motion sensor that contained no mercury.

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like Mercury....

It's Delicious... ^___^

Most electronics companies now are leaning away from using mercury, arsenic, BFR's and PVC as they have all been noted as bad for the environment, and very hard to contain at the end of the products life.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love a sequel to WarioWare Twisted. When it came out I'd never heard of importing, so I've been waiting for it all these years! I'd be surprised if this happens though after the recent release of Tony Hawk's Motion.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loved WarioWare Twisted must have beaten it 4-5 times, I bought it the week it came out and played it nonstop, a sequel would be great.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matter said:
Probably the ped0meter accessory on sale in Japan. You put the motion sensor in your bag, then sync it up with the DS (and Wii?)
(Weird ped0meter gets filtered into smurfmeter...)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/imwj/index.html
No its not that, this is a new copyright.

QUOTE(Maikel Steneker @ Jan 14 2009, 04:46 PM) I'd love a sequel to WarioWare Twisted. When it came out I'd never heard of importing, so I've been waiting for it all these years! I'd be surprised if this happens though after the recent release of Tony Hawk's Motion.
That game was crap though, aside from Yoshi Tilty thing the GBC/GBA ones were good.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally bet on the start of a gps/directional system for the DS or DSi. Making it a bit better in tracking movement without ponying up the cash for a more expensive GPS unit to get the finer positioning needed when walking. With the DLC ability of the DSi, you could buy and download extra maps/map updates if you traveled to another country or a pedestrian sight seeing package with a virtual tour guide for major cities. Would be another way to branch out for the non gamer (brain training crowd), as they are probably getting lost as they forget where they were going
evil.gif

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well either Nintendo will never do it or it will fit in slot 1 because of the DSi i dont see the likely hood of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning