Nintendo club points giveaway

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by naughty_cat, Jul 25, 2015.

1. naughty_cat
    OP

naughty_cat GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    Apparently I can't use my Nintendo club points, and I believe they're about to expire by the end of the month... The reason I can't use them is because it seems that a UK/Ireland billing address is required (I live in Egypt), even though I'm only trying to redeem a software, so I'm giving them away in case anyone is interested, because otherwise it would be wasteful to let them simply expire. I only have 1650 points, but they're still good enough for a decent classic (Link's awakening DX requires 1600 points). So... is there anyone who might be interested in a few more points before the end of the month?

2. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Would it work for someone in the States? I'd be interested.

3. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    You can send points? Either way I'd love them! :) I'm in the UK so it should work since I ordered something last week and I still have some points to spend.

4. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    I'm really not sure about the details... It says in the Nintendo club faq you just need to supply the receiver with your console serial number, though I'm not sure whether uk points can be used in the states or not... Hasn't anyone tried this before???

5. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    As far as I know it would only be for European places not states, and if its like a download then it would probably not work either since its region specific. I would probably buy a game or something for Virtual Console :)

6. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I'll take them if the other guy doesn't :)

7. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    You live in the UK, right? If so I can send you the points easily...

8. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    Yeah I do ;3 I would very much like them.

9. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    Oops... It seems that many people are interested :) What do we do now??? :D

10. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    Share? I don't know, its up to you I guess lol.

11. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    hmmmm... Well I'm thinking it might be practical to ask if there are any children around here??? I guess the younger you are, the more likely you can put it to use... I guess...

I tried, a billing address is still required...

EDIT: Is it by any chance possible to use the points through the 3DS e-shop???

12. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Sooo... Club Nintendo wasn't shut down in the UK?

13. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    Make one up? I'm not sure :P and also I'm 15 so I'm sort of a child? Well teen but its pretty close :3

14. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    Alright EpicInki, 15 sounds relatively young enough "I turned 28 this month :( ", plus you are showing a lot of enthusiasm, so I guess the points are yours! :D

15. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    Great!, so how would one get them? :3

If i remember correctly, they are open for 2 more months and are adding items?

16. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    Well I thought it would end by August... anyway it doesn't matter, I really don't believe they would change their policy in 2 months, besides for me the only item on the list that I find interesting is Zelda: Link's awakening DX, though I already still got the Gameboy color cartridge, so it's still wasteful when you think about it. I'm sure you'll put the points into much better use...

17. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    Defiantly, there is some stuff I can get with those extra points :3 My face when its 3am right now xD

18. drgnslayers

drgnslayers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2010
    Canada
    from what I've read from this site: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...-discontinuation-of-Club-Nintendo-949921.html , you got until the end of September to exchange your stars

19. vijankush

vijankush Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    Whoa, I'm seriously interested, my little brother always want these points and I always get :wacko:
    Can I have it please?

20. naughty_cat
    OP

Dec 19, 2013
    Egypt
    oops :S It's too late, I already gave them to someone! Though I don't think it would have actually worked... You'd have to have a UK or Irish billing address, even if you only would collect a downloadable software... That's the reason why I couldn't use them in the first place... Sorry man! :D