Nintendo Banning for CN wii mini explot

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by Frozenhavanna, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Frozenhavanna
    OP

Frozenhavanna Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2015
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Hello guys, i found in this website, this:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...-who-abused-the-wii-mini-exploit#.VQjDHOFpt0s

That states that Nintendo is banning user who used the wii mini explot in CN. I just yesterday linked my "exploited" CN account to my brand new Wii u. Shall i worry? Is this a trustworthy source?
    And if banned.. does it imply they'll erase.. what? My CN account? My eshop account? Or avoid the console to go online?

Thanks for any help

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    They would likely just ban your Club Nintendo account. They would only ban your eshop account or console from online if you used, say, a stolen eshop game code. If you read the source's source, it even states that the reports only have Club Nintendo accounts getting banned and not NNID's, which I think is mighty generous considering the number of free games and physical merchandise people abusing this exploit may have received.

Honestly, Nintendo confuses me. They ban NNIDs if people mistakenly purchase an illegitimately purchased eshop code and use it, but they don't ban people who go out of their way to abuse a system and basically steal games and physical merchandise.

3. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yes, that's correct, Nintendo is banning accounts that used the Wii mini exploit, it doesn't matter if you just did once, you're screwed either way. At the moment they are just banning accounts that redeemed physical goods, otherwise if you only got digital games you are safe (for now).

The ban just delete your Club Nintendo account, your eShop account is not affected. Like I said we don't know if Nintendo is planning something else, like deleting accounts for people who redeemed just digital titles. In most extreme cases Nintendo can block you from eShop, and block your illegaly obtained games, hope they don't go this far with the Wiimini exploit.

4. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    What was the exploit?

5. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You "register" a fake Wii mini serial number by brute force (random number generator) the format is HWXXXXXXXXX, X=random number. But now Wii mini is not an elegible product on CN anymore.

Kat.ph.to.so.sx/login likes this.