Nintendo 9.8

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nintendogba, Jun 26, 2015.

1. nintendogba
    OP

nintendogba Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    Poland
    Helo i have 3dsxl with 9.8.0-25. Is there any metod to downgrade it?
    Is GW working on upgrade ?

2. kactusss

kactusss GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    France
    Hello!
    Sorry you can not not downgrade nor use Gateway in 9.8. Your only option to play backup is to use a Sky3DS.

3. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Yeah you cannot downgrade from 9.8 due to the lack of exploits. Best bet is SKY3DS as said above.

4. nintendogba
    OP

nintendogba Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    Poland
    So GW is not going to relese up for 9.8 in future?

5. pedrobarca

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    No one knows.

6. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    They better. The CFWs are eating them up on 9.2.

Don't count them out yet.

7. nintendogba
    OP

nintendogba Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    Poland
    So where can i get it cheapest? In my country is around 100$

8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    But CFWs are progressing faster and more steadily than GW. In any case I expect CFW implementing higher FW version support first (if it ever happens) and GW going out of business.

9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I think gateway has one more soon left in them.

10. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    So, NOW we start thinking about how GW is suffering from these Free options? All they have in them is the physical red card for .3DS files.

11. yelever74

yelever74 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    My views on this are they will probably come up with something (gateway or CFW) as there is already region free via cubic ninja for 9.2 and above. For gateway to out shine the rest they do need to come up with something special as right now PastaCFW with rxtools can do pretty much the same as gateway plus play GBA and dsiware.

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah im thinking gateway may have 1 more "soon" left in them, i would guess they have one more trick up their sleeve that they may of been planning to keep back until 9.2 consoles dried up....but seeing as all the free cfw's are out i guess they will probably just burn anything they have left at this point to garner some lasts sales....F*** long term plans they have a swan song to perform before moving on

13. yelever74

yelever74 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    The only thing I think gateway could do to keep them on top is higher than 9.2 as any new comers to the 3DS scene on 9.2 or lower will probably go with CFW as it's free. With the N3DS most come with 9.3 and higher now and harder to find with 9.2 and lower. 9.8 maybe be possible as regionfour with cubic ninja is available so let's hope something comes from that. Sky3DS is good for playing backups but nothing more. I lost my gateway a few months back so now running Pasta on my O3DS but my N3DS is on 9.8 and holding off buying a Sky3DS to see what comes out.

14. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Gateway most likely knows that if they release 9.2+ support it will get copied and used by the free CFWs in almost no time.
    It seems rather shortsighted to think this would keep Gateway on top; Atleast not for more than a week or so.