Nintendo 64

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by squashiejoshie, Jun 27, 2010.

1. squashiejoshie
    OP

squashiejoshie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2010
    Somewhere
    Hi i am new,
    I am desperate for a cheap Nintendo 64. Does anyone know where to buy one! There are quite a few games I would love to try! Thanks a lot! [​IMG]

2. johncenafan427

johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2010
    United States
    Troy, Michigan
    try ebay or amazon.

i got mine for around $45.

still works great!!!

but try ebay first.

3. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    Ebay is a great source to find cheap N64's in the UK. You can pick one up with a controller, power pack etc. and a few games for between 10-20 quid.

4. gameguy95

gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

Banned
    Jan 27, 2009
    United States
    Furrytown
    try an emulator. i have 2 but i want to keep them...

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Emulators just don't give the same experience though, even in perfect emulation.

But I'd say Amazon or Ebay for a N64.

If you do get one, get Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark (unless you have a Xbox 360, in which case just pick up the XBLA version which is actually superior to the original), and Legend of Zelda OoT/MM at least. Super Mario 64 was alright but it was, in all honesty, not nearly as good as Spyro 3 or Crash 3 on the PSX. Mario Kart is fun though. Goldeneye was good when it came out but Perfect Dark is far superior (and the XBLA version has all the Goldeneye maps/weapons).

Then there's a few others that are worth buying. Unfortunately the only localized version of the first Sin and Punishment is on the Virtual Console.

6. DunkrWunkah

DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    AMEN TO THAT