Nintendo 64 Nintendo Switch Online rumble problem

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone, I just installed Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online but is strange, no matter what game I start the rumble on my pro controller start to rumble and never stops. sometimes on the game the rumble change the intensity or stop for a few seconds then start again.

Anybody have the same problem?

Any idea how to fix that?

thanks a lot.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My configuration is:

Erista Switch not patched.
Atmosphere 1.3.2
Hekate 5.7.2
Firmware 14.1.1
Pro controller.
Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online v393216

the rumble start as soon you press the button for start the game. if you return to the selection game page the rumble stop.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I encountered the same problem, but with a 8bitdo sn30 pro+...didn't solved it....buuuut i buyed a sn30 pro 2, and the Problem dind't come up....hmmm:unsure:

Non hacked Switch on latest Firmware

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My configuration is:

Erista Switch not patched.
Atmosphere 1.3.2
Hekate 5.7.2
Firmware 14.1.1
Pro controller.
Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online v393216

the rumble start as soon you press the button for start the game. if you return to the selection game page the rumble stop.
Are you using MissionControl? Try updating it. I had that problem with a Dualsense Controller on an earlier version.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Are you using MissionControl? Try updating it. I had that problem with a Dualsense Controller on an earlier version.
I don't use MissionControl, but Mission Control doesn't touch the pro controllers nor the joy cons, but it could be a nintendo attemp to avoid the use of unlicensed third party devices.

Mine is a YCCTEAM Pro Controller Clone the one what can read NFC and Wake Up the switch, even I can change the colors of buttons and handles using JoyCon Kit. but isn't an original. Will try a original one this night.

Thanks for all your answers.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Update:
I have the next controllers:
  • 8BitDo SN30pro+ (Pro Controller emulation Mode)
  • 8BitDo SFC30 (Pro Controller emulation Mode)
  • 8BitDO NES30 (Pro Controller emulation Mode)
  • YCCTEAM Pro Controller Clone
  • Ípega PG-9162A Pro Controller Clone
If I do start the Nintendo 64 NSO with no joycons attached and joy cons turned off, connecting either the Ípega or the 8BitDo SN40pro+ controller, works fine, no rumble.
With the Ípega controller I can then connect any other combination of controllers up to 4 and the Ípega do not rumble.
The 8BitDo SN30pro+ starts to rumble lighty when I do connect the second controller, when connecting a third controller the rumble is hard.
But if start the Nintendo 64 NSO with only the YCCTEAM, the controller start to rumble as soon a game is executed.

So definitively is a firmware incompatibility of the clone controllers with the rumble feature of the game. Ípega no affected, 8BitDo only affected if there is two or more controllers and YCCTEAM always affected.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update:
I have the next controllers:
  • 8BitDo SN30pro+ (Pro Controller emulation Mode)
  • 8BitDo SFC30 (Pro Controller emulation Mode)
  • 8BitDO NES30 (Pro Controller emulation Mode)
  • YCCTEAM Pro Controller Clone
  • Ípega PG-9162A Pro Controller Clone
If I do start the Nintendo 64 NSO with no joycons attached and joy cons turned off, connecting either the Ípega or the 8BitDo SN40pro+ controller, works fine, no rumble.
With the Ípega controller I can then connect any other combination of controllers up to 4 and the Ípega do not rumble.
The 8BitDo SN30pro+ starts to rumble lighty when I do connect the second controller, when connecting a third controller the rumble is hard.
But if start the Nintendo 64 NSO with only the YCCTEAM, the controller start to rumble as soon a game is executed.

So definitively is a firmware incompatibility of the clone controllers with the rumble feature of the game. Ípega no affected, 8BitDo only affected if there is two or more controllers and YCCTEAM always affected.
That's a road we can follow...thx for your testing :)

ndeadly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As the Mission Control dev, I'll chime in on this one...

Someone reported this recently on my repo and I have confirmed it's an issue for Mission Control too. Basically, this is what's happening:

There are certain titles that are, for whatever reason, sending what appear to be unintended rumble packets to controllers under certain conditions. In addition to N64 NSO, the other titles I know of that exhibit similar behaviour are
  • Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
  • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
When authentic Nintendo Switch controllers with HD rumble are used, these erroneous packets have no effect. I believe this is probably due to the frequency values falling outside the range of reproducible frequencies of the LRAs used for the HD rumble.

Most third party controllers, however, don't support HD rumble and instead include the more traditional ERM rumble motors. These motors don't allow independent control of amplitude and frequency since vibration amplitude is proportional to the speed of the rotating mass. The typical approach to handling HD rumble data on these controllers that support the Switch seems to be to just use the amplitude value to determine the rumble strength. Since this value is non-zero for the errant packets, you end up with perceivable vibrations on these controllers.

I'm not sure whether this is caused by a bug in Nintendo's SDK, or whether it's the fault of the game devs, but if you search for any of the titles above in relation to vibration and 8bitdo controllers you'll find a number of threads related to the issue dating back to some time ago. It's probably pretty reasonable to assume that the issue won't be fixed via a console update. 8bitdo have released a number of controller firmware updates to address the issues. Maybe some of the other manufacturers have too. I will also be updating Mission Control to work around the issue for the titles I haven't already addressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1