omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone seen this?
QUOTE said:
Whilst PlayStation Move and Xbox Kinect press on with augmented reality games, Nintendo has a few tricks up its sleeve as well, bringing the genre to 3DS with six specially created cards to interact with 3DS's built-in software.

If you're not sure what augmented reality is, it's a type of gaming that uses a camera to show your surroundings, then uses graphical technology to add in elements so it looks as though the two worlds have merged. By reading specially designed cards, games can create new objects for users to interact with: PS3 owners have experienced with this Eye of Judgement or EyePet, for example.

With the 3DS, Nintendo is ready to acknowledge augmented reality by including pre-installed AR titles on the machine, as well as packing in six special paper cards that will interact with the games. Using the 3DS's outward-facing camera, the machine will be able to 'read' the cards to draw new items in the game world.

Although none of the AR titles have been confirmed yet, the fact Nintendo is packing such titles into its machine indicates it's ready to acknowledge it as an important gaming genre.

What augmented reality titles would you like to see on 3DS?

~ Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Zalda said:
mangaTom said:
Well this should be good since I can browse the net while playing(game guides,walkthrough).This con really kicks ass.

Yup, very handy feature (that we have been able to enjoy thanks to some kickass flashcards that offer a realtime menu)

ipod touch does the same thing, i use it to view game guides while i play ps3.
Why did you bring the ipod up? I mean music ... game handheld ipod ... 3DS

looks at title.
unsure.gif

Any way this is so cool
smile.gif
wub.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hikaru said:
CrimzonEyed said:
heartgold said:
Fucking sweet
rolleyes.gif
It keeps surprising me everytime I read up an info about 3DS
If they add sim card support and enable us to call with the 3DS. That would kick iphones ass!
Hell yes, that would be sweet! No need for an iPhone then ^^
What you gonna put that thing up to your head in public and use it as a phone?
I know I wouldn't.

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hikaru said:
CrimzonEyed said:
heartgold said:
Fucking sweet
rolleyes.gif
If they add sim card support and enable us to call with the 3DS. That would kick iphones ass!

If they add a phone to it, i would throw my iphone out the window (or just sell it lol)
tongue.gif

Rrego

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the tag feature will probably be only useful in a place like japan where everyone had a 3ds. I also feel as if Nintendo is going to sell a bunch of useless shit. AR cards wtf? That sounds as crappy as the E-card to me. And lets hope they dont start with rumble packs.

Although I think AR cards suck, there might be a still a chance for minimal homebrew (doubt it though) http://www.hitl.washington.edu/artoolkit/

Besides all of this, the 3ds looks pretty sweet.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yobemal said:
Hikaru said:
CrimzonEyed said:
heartgold said:
Fucking sweet
rolleyes.gif

If they add a phone to it, i would throw my iphone out the window (or just sell it lol)
tongue.gif

ooh, i made a quick sketch of how nintendo would probably go about it.

3dsphone.jpg

and then a year later they can integrate it properly and make even more money!

epic_cookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL ^^

this thing looks amazing but a tahd pricey, its almost a full fledged console price like Wii or 360.

But wow. this thing just blew me away. Hopefully flashcarts would work but it is seems doubtfull, Nintendo probably learnt their lesson from DS and GBA =]

D

Deleted_171835

Looks great.
I can't FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS. The 3DS is going to be guddamn awesome!
yay.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rrego said:
I think that the tag feature will probably be only useful in a place like japan where everyone had a 3ds. I also feel as if Nintendo is going to sell a bunch of useless shit. AR cards wtf? That sounds as crappy as the E-card to me. And lets hope they dont start with rumble packs.

Although I think AR cards suck, there might be a still a chance for minimal homebrew (doubt it though) http://www.hitl.washington.edu/artoolkit/

AR cards are amazing in my honest opinion. Throw it on a table, then view it through your camera... It can be a creature, a pet, anything Nintendo wants to make for us. That's amazing, uses the same technology as the PS3 and their Move.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Rrego said:

AR cards are amazing in my honest opinion. Throw it on a table, then view it through your camera... It can be a creature, a pet, anything Nintendo wants to make for us. That's amazing, uses the same technology as the PS3 and their Move.

It's basically a card the software examines to determine positioning, and the software handles the rest, like how to use it? That rather cool. It would be funny if they made some "messenger" program to use it, and whenever you got a message from another user, it would allow you to either read the message yourself, or plop down your card for a "visual messenger" reading the message to you....I dunno...

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man those AR cards that guy put on the table were sick
biggrin.gif

Hope that there not part of some retail game but 3DS ware so we can buy booster packs of cards
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course