Hardware NINTENDO 3DS Specifications...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no sources for the "confirmed". Remember without a source its just a rumour.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
That is LITERALLY impossible at this moment in existence. 600GHz (not counting the extra hundred you threw on there) is out of our reach for another 10 years or so, and it will be used on spacecraft only at that point.
I wouldn't bet on it. The Space Shuttle still uses 8086 CPU's ie those that came before the 186, 286 etc.

I was referring to the modern ones being built. Something about 1TB memory, but we shouldn't expect much. I had to do a project about computers and the most powerful one and I find modern rockets and Google.

XLarge, I am being LITERAL.

snakeyes0101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So where is the source that claims the 3DS will use an ARM 1176? I hope it's not just the fact that it has some kind of hack protection.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
We have no confirmation about two cameras and app store. Where did you even get the idea for an App Store, we have DSi Ware and the rumored 3DSWare (trademarks)
It's why the thread should probably be locked, as it going go absolutely nowhere.

As soon as the actual specs are known, one of the mag staff will do a post about it on the homepage.

No, tk_saturn. I am afraid that is where you are wrong. The App Store, like the DSi, will almost certainly appear on the 3DS (Working Title) as it did on the DSi, with the "Wii HD Prototype" having Wiiware, and the DSi having DSiWare. I did not say anything about two cameras, but there will be one, and it will have better resolution.
Thanks for your comment;it was much appreciated
nayps3.gif
Pyro

GH0ST said:
I wonder if it will be HDMI compliant

It is very unlikely it would be HDMI compliant. that's like saying the PSP is HDMI Compliant. IF you mean, will the 3DS be HD, we don't know.

QUOTE(zeromac @ May 23 2010, 03:43 AM) And how do you possibly know these specs?

I'm curious as to how you know the wifi specifications
common sense
yaywii.gif

QUOTE(snakeyes0101 @ May 24 2010, 11:20 PM)
So where is the source that claims the 3DS will use an ARM 1176? I hope it's not just the fact that it has some kind of hack protection.

iphone uses it, and there are 30 odd sites out there that say the 3ds will use it. I should get rid of "confirmed", really...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope there's no region lockout, but with it being incorporated into the DSi I'm not hopeful. Never understood region encoding on portable games, must screw them out of sales when people are on holiday and want to buy a game at the airport or whatever to play on the way home and there's no problems with PAL/NTSC standards like there is for home consoles. If it's region locked I might just get a US one (I'm in New York in October, is that still around when it's pencilled in for release?) and just import. Can't be bothered going back to waiting an age for new Nintendo games after getting them immediately on my DS and Wii for so long.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Hope there's no region lockout, but with it being incorporated into the DSi I'm not hopeful. Never understood region encoding on portable games, must screw them out of sales when people are on holiday and want to buy a game at the airport or whatever to play on the way home and there's no problems with PAL/NTSC standards like there is for home consoles. If it's region locked I might just get a US one (I'm in New York in October, is that still around when it's pencilled in for release?) and just import. Can't be bothered going back to waiting an age for new Nintendo games after getting them immediately on my DS and Wii for so long.
hmm...not sure about region lock just yet

NinjaxFoote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
King Zargo said:
I hope that it has at least 256mb of ram.
That's pretty overkill for a gaming console... Heck, most phones today only have 128MB of RAM...

True it is overkill for current consoles, especially handheld...
IF it does use the Tegra chip set, 256MB would be semi-likely.
Certainly at least 64MB, likely 128MB, semi-likely 256MB and I doubt it, it'd make it cost too much, but 512MB would be AMAZING. Hello multitasking.

I'm still curious, IF the Tegra is used, exactly how much of it's potential will be fulfilled.
I mean, if it does use Tegra, that pretty much instant kills the power of the PSP.

-glees-
I'm so exited..

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NinjaxFoote said:
fgghjjkll said:
King Zargo said:
That's pretty overkill for a gaming console... Heck, most phones today only have 128MB of RAM...

True it is overkill for current consoles, especially handheld...
IF it does use the Tegra chip set, 256MB would be semi-likely.
Certainly at least 64MB, likely 128MB, semi-likely 256MB and I doubt it, it'd make it cost too much, but 512MB would be AMAZING. Hello multitasking.

I'm still curious, IF the Tegra is used, exactly how much of it's potential will be fulfilled.
I mean, if it does use Tegra, that pretty much instant kills the power of the PSP.

-glees-
I'm so exited..
hmm... even the iPad cant multitask, and you want the 3DS to be able to play 2 games at once? HECK, a PC can't do that...

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Thoob said:
fgghjjkll said:
King Zargo said:
The PS3 only has 256MB of RAM...
rolleyes.gif
Granted, there's 256MB for the graphics too.

You don't need anything more than 128MB (even that is overkill) if you're going to have a single-tasking handheld gaming system with no OS behind it.

Naico

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
pyrosurfer said:
hmm... even the iPad cant multitask
Actually it can, but Apple doesn't allow it.

QUOTE(pyrosurfer @ Jun 1 2010, 05:12 PM) and you want the 3DS to be able to play 2 games at once? HECK, a PC can't do that...
That's true ... if you are running DOS from the early 90's.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
GDW-Errol said:
Naico said:
pyrosurfer said:
hmm... even the iPad cant multitask
Actually it can, but Apple doesn't allow it.

Not for long. If iPhone OS 4 come out. You can multitask. iPad version comes this fall.
Multitasking is pretty gimped on OS 4.
nayps3.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Microsoft ruined it with kinect