Misc Nintendo 3DS eshop account

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

few months ago I made account for eshop and signed with it on my old 3DS which I have sold lately. Yesterday I wanted to buy a game from eshop and tried to sign in with my old account but I was unable since it said that my account is signed on other device (sold 3DS). So is there any way to access back that account even if i can't contact buyer to signout or something similar. Also if i don't do system transfer from old 3ds to new, there is no way to access games which i have bought earlier?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. Never sell a console without first wiping your personal info. Call Nintendo right away and they might be able to give you back control of your account. As for if they'll be able to give you back the digital licences to the games you already bought if your account is irrecoverable, I can only guess. Anyhow, contacting Nintendo is the definite first step and from there, they should be able to work with you.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That account was useless anyway since I never used it to buy games. Yesterday i wanted to buy my first digital game, i prefer more physical games. So there's nothing to worry about. Just wanted to make sure if i need to make new account or i can access old one. Also I remember i bought a theme for my new 3ds 2 weeks ago (i have that 3ds atm) and don't remember if i used account to buy it.

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I forgot to answer this; your licences to games are tied to your account and not your system, so a system transfer would not be required to keep your old games. You can redownload any old titles from the eShop. Saves, on the other hand, I'm not sure how to transfer. They definitely come over through a system transfer, but you might also be able to just copy+paste them over from one SD card to the other. Kinda doubt it, but I'm not sure.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't believe it's so easy just to copy paste games:d piracy would be extremely easy. So, do I need to make new account or i can painless access old one?

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not games, saves. From what you said, accessing the old account is impossible while your buyer is using it, so I'd say painless access is off the table until you get that sorted. Ninty is the only one who can do that for you, that is, unless you can get the buyer to agree to stop using your account and you can actually trust them to keep their word.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mah I really don't care for my old account + i'm pretty sure that he's not using it, since almost no one buys games here (sadly). Anyway, so I have bought my game thru online store, not eshop and got my code and downloaded it to my New 3DS. If I would like to play it on my old 3DS XL, is there any way to do it? Also is it possible to stretch VC Pokemon Yellow over whole screen? I don't like black bars.

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the download is still handled by the eShop (you bought an eShop code), so it would be tied to your account the same as any other digital title. If you want to play it on your old 3DS XL, you'd need to sign into the account to which the game is tied on the console on which you want to play it. As for VC titles like Pokemon Yellow, I don't know if there's a way to change the picture dimensions. Holding start or select when booting a DS game on 3DS preserves original resolution, so perhaps a button combination exists for what you want. I know that the Retroarch GameBoy emulator has many settings for changing picture dimensions, as well as color presets and button mapping, so if you happen to have a means by which to run Homebrew, you might want to consider looking into that to achieve the effect you want. I know personally that GB Megaman games happen to run smoother in the emulator than they do through Nintendo's VC as well.

Meteor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using no account, but you downloaded Pokemon Yellow? That's impossible... I think. Try and access the eShop and see if it recognizes an account name. If it does, check the download history of that account (click on the "redownload old titles", I believe) and if Pokemon Yellow is listed there, then that's the account to which it's tied. If that's the case, then it's with that account you need to sign into on your old 3DS XL. Really though, I think you MUST have used an account to enter your code for the game; I don't think you could've done it otherwise.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh yea, seems like i got it wrong. I am signed (obviously) with my account from old 3ds, but i need network id to download something from eshop.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh yea, seems like i got it wrong. I am signed (obviously) with my account from old 3ds, but i need network id to download something from eshop.
You only need an NNID to get free or demo titles. You can get paid content and updates just fine without one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup