1. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

What I most fervently want to see with DLC is quite farfetched.

I want Nintendo to update DS games on the 3DS. Full screen, Analog support, 3D mode, texture updates, full access to 3DS hardware (camera, ram, 2nd cpu, SD card) the works. Just imagine Super Mario 64 on analog, remappable controls/actions on the Dpad, with 3D mode on, and the top screen fully occupied (new pixel perfect resolution). heck, i'd buy that DLC if it was priced more than $10, just to re-experience SM64.

they'd probably sell a few million more of this game if they did that.

1 person likes this.
  2. saberjoy

saberjoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    lol is nintendo trying to keep up with windows vista?? :P haha
    *vita

3. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    What I want: Mario Kart DLC

What I think they will do: DLC to future releases... old games (including mario kart) will get nothing...

1 person likes this.
  4. Taellon

Taellon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Nintendo is terrible when it comes to online. I love Nintendo but it's true, they can't do online to save themselves. I really don't expect Nintendo to get DLC right and to actually patch their older games at all. I'm not even sure what limits the 3DS has in terms of patching and DLC, if it's as restrictive as the Wii was or how much more open they've made it. I feel like the DLC/patching situations we're in now is a tense, "what's going to happen next" kind of thing. This can either turn out in relief, or the expected crushing of our dreams.

5. goembario

goembario GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Can mario kart 7 even get dlc ?

6. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    I would love to see DLC for KI:Uprising (More multiplayer weapons :3) and Kingdom Hearts (more keyblades? or worlds?)

7. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Thailand
    Basically you want to see SM64 re-made for 3DS

8. tigris

tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

Everything! :3

9. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Or they can just include more weapons from the start..... The games aren't even out yet.

10. Isabelyes

Isabelyes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    DLC, huh...

If existing 3DS-games could get updated (which I hope they can, but I somewhat doubt it), then I'd like an option in Ridge Racer 3D to play music from your SD card while racing instead of the game music. Because racing to the songs I own would greatly improve the experience - for me, at least.

Also, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II's controls should get fixed. I heard it's a great game except for the controls, which seem to make it near impossible to actually pull off good combo's. I'd buy the game in a heartbeat if this ever gets fixed, because I've wanted to get into this series for quite some time now - but not if the controls stay as horrible as they are now.

11. DCG

DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well, I know pkm ruby and saphire had a bug which caused berrys not to grow anymore, it was fixed by including fire red and leaf green with a special mode. it would connect to the older game and upload a repair code to it.

So theoreticaly DLC is possible, as long as the code fits on the original game card. The GBA was old and didn't have a "OS", the 3DS on the other hand does have a form of a OS and could potentialy update a game card, Thus making "DLC" posible.

Sorry for typo's, my english has gone a bit rusty

12. tigris

tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

DLC?
    Everything. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo,