Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the windows vista from nintendo

newspapers several months later

2DS was the biggest fail from nintendo

No. Wii Mini was the biggest failure. Released at the end of the Wii's life. Featured cut to make it cost effective. Considering second hand Wiis could be bought for half the price of a Wii Mini, I'm sure it didn't fare well.

takeshi10123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that all the DS family since the very first one have had a clamshell design, and seeing Nintendo going away with it for no reason is disappointing.

Did I mention this thing looks freakin' hideous? :lol:
The GBA SP had a clamshell design NOT just the DS family had clamshell design.

Reactions: DiabloStorm

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Things wrong with the 2DS:
1. That fucking design. How do you hold L and R and press the touchscreen at the same time?
2. The fact that this wont feel good in the hands. Like wtf it's too big on the top and too small on the bottom.
3. Most people already play 3ds games in 2D. And your making 2D the selling point?
4. Oh so what happens if it drops? Does the screen break?
5. How the fuck is this going to fit in a pocket. God damnit Nintendo I need my play coins!!!
6. Waste of time. Even poor people wouldn't buy this.
7. At least make the screens bigger.
I'll be looking forward to smash videos of this on YouTube.

Oh yeah. And Mario Kart's opening animations will look broken.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't know about you guys but I will be buying one.

The plan is that I will be one of the VERY few people who buy it, before they cancel production maybe after announcing a new console (like with micro).

Then I will just wait a few years and sell the "Rare 2DS" for billions.

I know I know, I'm a genius.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They probably changed the design so parents who know nothing about games wouldn't get confused when getting their kid a handheld, but this design is really ridiculous.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
At least this thing has every single function of the existing 3DS (minus 3D screen). I was expecting something like wifi to be removed.

But hell, this looks huge. I won't exactly call it hideous, but this thing looks really big for a system with 3DS-sized screens...

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At least this thing has every single function of the existing 3DS (minus 3D screen). I was expecting something like wifi to be removed.

But hell, this looks huge. I won't exactly call it hideous, but this thing looks really big for a system with 3DS-sized screens...

thats probably because its so thick

HollywoodX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand if they were interested in cutting costs, why not go all out? Why keep a crappy camera in, get rid of it! Why keep Wi-fi in, especially with an account-less download system - drop it!

They probably could have got it down to $100 or so MSRP or so dropping that stuff, it's not like they're useful anyway if you just want to play games.

I want one though, it's a novelty system. Plus it looks like it can be messed with if any decent hacking gets going. I imagine its much easier to take off the back and mess with it than clamshell models. There's also one big screen behind it, the plastic is just separating the top and bottom and making the bottom smaller. Case mod + MAME + shooters on a full screen anyone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, oh also facebook did it bc Zuckerberg was bored