Hacking Nintendo 2DS October 12th

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only thing that comes to mind is my aunt wanting to buy a 3DS for her young son but all the warning saying, "NOT SUITABLE FOR UNDER 7" just scared her away from buying one. Even when I explain that they include an off switch, she still made up her mind.

In my opinion, this system is probably made for people like my aunt who want to buy a new handheld without the fear "3D effects damaging eye in kids".

As for me, I'm over the "wtf" factor and going into, "would like to add this to my handheld collection one day".

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A very, very peculiar choice, the idea is sound; produce a system idea for very young children.
It doesn't have a 3D effect, so no risk to their eyes (as Nintendo insist), it has a solid tablet design, much studier than a clamshell design with hinges.
It's just the execution is weird, I don't think those shoulder buttons will be comfortable to operate at all, at least not for younger kids, did you see how the younger boy playing Mario Kart 7 was extending his index fingers, to push the shoulder buttons with the tip of his fingers? That looks like it will strain his hands.

I definitely want a hands on experience with one of these oddities but it's very unlikely that I would buy one.

Also I noticed they placed a sleep mode switch on the system, because you can't close the system like normal.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the only good thing is you cant broke the hinge anymore :D

btw, why buy this 2D crap, when you can find cheap 2nd hand 3DS?

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
How to convert a 3DS to a 2DS:
Put the right slider at the bottom.

Done you have a 2DS

Thank you so much, I have a 3DS since day one and I didn't know that :D
No seriously, this is for people who want little bit cheaper 3DS and dont like the 3D and also parents wont worry anymore for the 3D consequences for their children.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I can get a new normal 3DS for 80 pounds here.
Why would I buy a 3DS that's:
-more expensive
-ugly as hell
-removes a main feature of the damn thing
-looks as if it'd be awful to play on

Reactions: DinohScene

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Would be perfect if gateway could work on base units eventually.

This one will work 100% on GW3DS for sure since it does not have 3DS mode ( only DS mode).
Just kinding, will probably be release with a v7.007 firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker