Ninjhax Patch Questions!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Orangesocks, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    I am a total noob when it comes to Homebrew and sadly have two DS that both are updated to firmware 11 (3DSXL and a 2DS) if that changes anything. I am a huge Pokemon fan and have been trying to figure out how to Gen Pokemon and realized I needed Homebrew. But all the easy ways are patched so I decided to buy an overpriced copy of Cubic Ninja to ensure the success. But after some reading I have found that this previously reliable method might have been patched now. Should I cancel my order or is Ninjhax still workable? Sorry if I sound dumb this is very new to me.

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Cancel your order.
    The only ways to homebrew on 11.0 right now are via oot3d+powersaves and freakyforms deluxe (and in the future smilebasic)

3. Orangesocks
    OP

Orangesocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    United States
    What would be the best way to get these games?

4. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Ocarina of time at least the Nintendo selects edition in a store or Amazon and powersaves either on eBay or Amazon

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And make sure they are datel power saves!

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If you can somehow manage to find a cheap(er) copy of freakyforms deluxe I recommend that over OoT3d due to the ease of updating the payload. OoT3d saves the payload to the cart, while FreakyForms loads payload from SD. If you have multiple 3ds consoles on different firmwares, it makes it much easier to use the same game across all of them as you can have each 3ds have it's proper payload on the SD and then FreakForms will work on all of them, unlike OoT3d where you have to change the payload on the cart before using it on another 3ds. All around right now FreakForms Deluxe is the better entry point, but you can get OoT3d for cheaper if you don't mind the hassle of needing to update the payload on the card.