Ninjapass X9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by elsparko, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011

Ninjapass X9 by elsparko at 6:36 PM (1,779 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. elsparko
    OP

Newcomer elsparko Member

Ireland
    Emptying some drawers in my room and came across one of these carts? Very disappointing that they were abandoned, but decided i'd try it in my 3DS. I have 3 R4 originals, and none of them have any effect on the 3DS, not even and icon pops up, but, when i insert the Ninjapass its recognised instantly. Unfortunately then, when i try to laod it, it crashes. I get the usual ' error has occurred. press and hold the power button to turn the system off. please refer to the operations manual for details.'

anyone else tried this cart in the console? or, anyone know of anyway i can force the cart? from what i remember, these carts were completely abandoned, which is why i went for the r4, but i was wondering is there any way to flash it with firmwares from another cart?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    It will never work with the 3DS because it's not DSi compatible and thus cannot have it's bootstrap replaced.

3. elsparko
    OP

Newcomer elsparko Member

Ireland
    ah, hard luck! thanks for the reply.

4. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I thought with a name like Ninja in it, I thought it stealth-ed its way through it. Maybe, not Ninja enough!

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The old school pass-me's worked by exploiting a flaw in the original DS firmware and then rerouting the loading code from DS slot to GBA slot... That firmware exploit was fixed with later DS and the DS lite models... and since the DSi and 3DS don't have GBA slots, they really don't have any use [​IMG]