XP
Country
United Kingdom
DryYoshi said:
Ryupower said:
do not know if this was posted

Clipboard01.jpg

that is game card
LOL, Sony using game cards instead of disks...

LOL, Sony learning from thier mistakes...

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?4428...ve-Memory-Cards!

QUOTE said:
NGP adopts a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store the full software titles plus add-on game content or the game save data directly on to the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
emigre said:
DryYoshi said:
Ryupower said:
do not know if this was posted

Clipboard01.jpg

that is game card
LOL, Sony using game cards instead of disks...

LOL, Sony learning from thier mistakes...
yea but not learning from nintendo's mistakes

does someone know what a flashcart is
yaynds.gif

oh come on its easily hackable

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
DS and PSP's game libraries are wildly different imo, and I think 3DS appeals to me more with Mario stuff and Kid Icarus And tbh, I would much rather play most of the PSP games on a home console than on the small portable(though I wouldn't play many of the AAA PSP games anyways, games like MHP3 feel boring to me). But still, I would wait for a drastic price drop and buy the NGP. Or I could get a PS3. Well, I'll see.

Oh and there's 3D camera on 3DS! Gimmicky I know, but its cool. It may just because I'm losing interest in gaming though. Gimmicks(or innovations, as some might call it) seem much more refreshing and worth the money to me than just a standard run-of-the-mill game console.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
yea but not learning from nintendo's mistakes

does someone know what a flashcart is
yaynds.gif

oh come on its easily hackable

What.

The DS wasn't "easily hackable" because it used cart based media. It was "easily hackable" because it was. It doesn't matter what medium you use, it's mostly about the firmware on the system.

And the PSP still used a rather unique game medium (UMDs) but is still able to be hacked without really buying anything outside of a memory stick and maybe a battery, depending on your firmware.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good. Gives gamers another choice when it comes to hand held gaming, which is always a good thing. I'm not really a fan of the way it looks, and I'm sure it'll be expensive, but it sounds pretty impressive. Like with the PSP though, I'll wait until enough games come out on it and the price drops before picking one up. Thanks for the heads up.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it looks like sony has a powerhouse coming only during christmas though, nintendo at least will have the sales for now, majority of this year, it will most likely come down to christmas time sales and next year,

3G network is going to be a killer with the upd graphics par will ps3, at least the 3DS has gotten a graphics boost, now carrying around though the style of the NGP, its not going to be easy, also its prob not durable like nintendo products guys, just look at the psp its easily breakable, at least nintendo puts in time for durability for when we all have those accidents,

it looks like a great system, i wish nintendo would have put in 3G network,

but this does look like Sony and Google are joining forces with Android based phone along with the hand held, i wonder though if Nintendo and Apple should join forces to create a great phone/hand held for next gen, thoughts on this,

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Can't wait for Monster Hunter NGP.

also to the above post: My PSPs has been sent flying across the room into a fan. The damage? None. Not even a scratch. If you say the PSP is easily breakable, you're probably the kind of person who rages and throws their controller against the wall 20 times a day. Oh and "Nintendo shit doesn't break", what about the high amount of broken hinges?

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Social0 said:
Cuelhu said:
GPS for what? Who needs GPS in a gaming handheld?

http://www.geocaching.com/

Nobody, but since Bark Mode, and then Surechigai took over Japan, Sony just HAD to do something similar. So they created Near.
The NGP has some pretty crazy location-based capabilities, mostly embodied in an app called "Near." Near tracks your location, and makes an ongoing map of where you've been. In case you were wondering .... where you've been.

In terms of games, Near connects with PSN, and finds out what's popular among other users where you are right now, as well as what other people nearby are playing. You can even buy games right within that interface! If you stumble into, say, a place where people are playing Hot Shots Golf all the time, you can just buy it right then and be ready for the next impromptu tournament.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
squirrelman10 said:

Thus requiring a $30+ monthly fee for full functionality? No thanks. As far as handheld gaming goes, I like the systems to be a one-time purchase.

Honestly, in this day and age there's really no excuse for all major urban centres not having a city-wide Wi-Fi service. Having to rely on grossly expensive cellphone networks is ludicrous.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
squirrelman10 said:

Thus requiring a $30+ monthly fee for full functionality? No thanks. As far as handheld gaming goes, I like the systems to be a one-time purchase.

Honestly, in this day and age there's really no excuse for all major urban centres not having a city-wide Wi-Fi service. Having to rely on grossly expensive cellphone networks is ludicrous.

Well 3G is optional on the NGP. There's a WiFi model and a WiFi+3G model. Think of it like the iPad.

So if you don't want 3G then you don't need it. But if you don't have a 3G device and the fees aren't too bad, then I guess it's worth it on this device. Mobile social networking, mobile internet browsing, as well as probably some neat gaming features (probably not online play but it might still be able to work with online leaderboards, message friends, download stuff albeit slowly, etc).

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see the hype over this. 3G is the only feature that would make me want it, but it probably is going to kill the battery.

I really don't have any interest in getting one.

Edit:

Also, I expected the graphics to be better. I never cared about graphics, and I wouldn't care if it had DS graphics, but I just expected Sony to go all out on graphics like they normally do. They still look amazing.

This just seems like it's going to end up like the PSP. Loaded with cool features, but no games (Except Uncharted!!!).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CJLopez said:
Battery life of only 4 hours

http://sankakucomplex.com/141y

Actually battery life is reported to be the same as the PSP, where "it could range anywhere from a few hours to closer to 10." Never been too happy with PSP battery life and that's probably my biggest gripe with the system, but let's hope it supports battery swapping (since you could just buy a better battery for your PSP or swap out batteries if needs be).

http://www.1up.com/news/ngp-battery-life-about-the-same

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Goli said:
Social0 said:
Cuelhu said:
GPS for what? Who needs GPS in a gaming handheld?

http://www.geocaching.com/

Nobody, but since Bark Mode, and then Surechigai took over Japan, Sony just HAD to do something similar. So they created Near.
The NGP has some pretty crazy location-based capabilities, mostly embodied in an app called "Near." Near tracks your location, and makes an ongoing map of where you've been. In case you were wondering .... where you've been.

In terms of games, Near connects with PSN, and finds out what's popular among other users where you are right now, as well as what other people nearby are playing. You can even buy games right within that interface! If you stumble into, say, a place where people are playing Hot Shots Golf all the time, you can just buy it right then and be ready for the next impromptu tournament.
it's only worth if it had an anti-theft feature, like F-Secure for Symbians. Sending text messages with it's position.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O @SylverReZ just got banned in russia ! :ohnoes::ohnoes::rofl2: