laugh.gif
wink.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep, let's hope it'll be a grand firmware update. Looks very nice if this is fulfilled, and TBH, the R4 never lied - unlike the DS-X team.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope they fix some of the GBA incompatibilities.

i kid, i kid. Anyway, this their first firmware update. I'm curious how they'll achieve this. Hackers, get ready!

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT THE FUCK??? I sold my R4 because of no SDHC support
frown.gif

Well that and the fact that I hated how it always loaded itself automatically. Oh well.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This competition between the R4 and the CycloDS Evolution is really brining out the best in the cards.

I just hope it continues, and maybe Team Cyclops will somehow figure out that Real Time Save.

But I'm not gonna get a R4. Have a CycloDS. To get an R4 would be silly for me right now
gba.gif

But good work R4 team. Now Team Cyclops will hopefully up the ante on their card
yaynds.gif

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice if they had rudolph's 3in1 integrated into the menu's

i am not utterly convinced about sdhc for all, even though costello has asked already....

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why write when these people expressed my thoughts in order.

Holy shit, if the SDHC support is true that will be amazing (and a kick in the shins for the Supercard SDHC, heh).

To have SDHC support, they're going to HAVE to flash the chip in the R4. How can you have it in just a loader when it currently can't read an SDHC card?

This is great news if they pull it off. October has been a great month so far this will be the cherry on the top.
They could have added SDHC to the new R4's in the redesign as the PCB is different if you look at the photo's. Which would mean owners of the old one would be out of luck with sdhc. I just hope not. (This is not fact just my thoughts)
R4 images
This is the same for me
smile.gif

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If it took this long time to make new kernel, would be great if they put some process info on the web.
Because everybody on the Internet is too damn impatient. Just on these here forums, it's gone from demanding an update every month (they never made any such promise), to saying they've skipped town and the R4 is done. A whole two months of no updates? That's inexcusable! To me, the 11 updates they've had since it was released (late 2006?) is plenty busy enough. So, if they were to update a web page with "We've added must-have feature #5," and such, then everyone will be clamoring for it to be released right away. They cannot wait a week, month, or any amount of time.

It really is best to keep quiet and only admit to what you know for sure is going to be released. So if they're saying this now, it likely just needs some final bits of testing. Relax, enjoy what we have. It'll be out when it's done.

Also, about the Wii connectivity, are there any other announced games (Japan have anything yet) besides Pokemon that do this?

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all, WOOT! java script:add_smilie(":toot:")
toot.gif
smilie

I think that if ever it may be able to pull off the SDHC support the read and write speeds might be different from other carts that are built with SDHC support in mind.

Question for the more knowledgeable people here: How do reader/ writers work anyway? Structurally/Physically/ Electronically how does the SDHC differ from regular microSD? Because if the differences are purely on the software/code side then SDHC support will more than likely be possible. However if it is a hardware difference then the only way SDHC support will happen is if the existing R4 hardware has components that can compensate or perform the same functions.

That said, I'm still looking forward to the update
biggrin.gif

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the difference is in the card itself, and the software that accesses it. the interface between the card and the reader hasnt changed for sdhc or microsd afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy