Hacking Next Dumb question 6.1.0-12U keeps asking for updates

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cr0n_J0b
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,893
  • Replies Replies 10

Cr0n_J0b

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
73
Country
United States
Okay, so i realize that the 3DS that I have won't run .3DS games without a new hack, which is off in the distance. But as my kids are playing with the system it keeps asking for updates for everything from the store to getting on the internet to play games with one another.

Should I just take the updates, or is there a work around to get the store without updating?
 
You need to be on the most recent version, which is 7.1, to enter the eShop. Since Gateway is out of the question anyways for you I don't see the harm in updating.
 
Just go to the store and but a second 3DS with firmware <= 4.5 to keep for back-up games and keep the one you already have for legitimate usage.
 
Get the updates. If an exploit exists in 6.x then it's also in 7.x unless Nintendo found it first and patched it.
 
That's not entirely true. They just patched one exploit in 7.x.

They might've patched one but the difference between it mattering is if it can be used or not.

I still say update, exploiters can now use Miiverse to check for exploits which would increase the chance of finding exploitable material.
 
They might've patched one but the difference between it mattering is if it can be used or not.

I still say update, exploiters can now use Miiverse to check for exploits which would increase the chance of finding exploitable material.



You need 2 exploits. There is one know exploit in 6.x / 5.x and no known exploits in 7.x.
Thus, you have better odds at 6.x or 5.x. That's not to say that the other will be found, but one out of two is better odds than none out of two.
 
You need 2 exploits. There is one know exploit in 6.x / 5.x and no known exploits in 7.x.
Thus, you have better odds at 6.x or 5.x. That's not to say that the other will be found, but one out of two is better odds than none out of two.

Haven't heard of either of these exploits. If there are already exploits then stay on 6.x of course.

Doesn't look there's anything on 3dsbrew, the Nintendo DS profile crash looks patched on 7.x but that was pretty much already useless after 5.x.
 
Haven't heard of either of these exploits. If there are already exploits then stay on 6.x of course.

Doesn't look there's anything on 3dsbrew, the Nintendo DS profile crash looks patched on 7.x but that was pretty much already useless after 5.x.



The profile exploit is on 5.x / 6.x but not the kernal exploit. So it can't be used, but it is there. It is a currently unusable exploit.
 
7.x patched the mset hack, the usermode exploit, the kernel mode exploit was patched in 5.x, there is still active usermode exploits for 7.x that are unreleased (savegame) just no kernel mode exploit
 
It's up to you but I'd say stay on your current firmware. Mine was already 6.x when I bought it, and I'm not updating it. Though I don't really know about 3DS but in the early PSP days, when you needed a savegame exploit (people that upgraded from v1.50 firmware), the price for that game would skyrocket on ebay.

I'm sure those flashcard manufacturers will pay handsomely for a usable 6.x kernel exploit; unless the code is flawless it's just a matter of time.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted