News: 3D In 3DS Optional

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by fishykipper, May 10, 2010.

May 10, 2010

News: 3D In 3DS Optional by fishykipper at 7:41 PM (925 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fishykipper
    OP

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    Not feeling the need for 3D? Nintendo's Satoru Iwata says you'll be able to flick it off!

A quick piece of confirmation here from over at IGN, that Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has confirmed the main attraction to Nintendo's upcoming handheld is only optional.

Iwata has explained the glasses-free 3D function is not required to play games and can be removed if players prefer. We're still lacking confirmation on the exact method Nintendo's using to achieve the 3D effect, but this latest news brings up some interesting questions.

If Nintendo come out and say the 3D aspect isn't vital, doesn't this present the image to gamers it is just a gimmick?

[​IMG]

Will you be purchasing a 3DS? Let us know below...

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    This goes here and all info about 3DS goes here.

3. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Also, this was already posted in another topic in User Submitted News.

4. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's about time. I'm sick of Nintendo shoving a gimmick in our faces, forcing us to use it and copping a "you like the old way? To hell with you!" attitude with people who are content to press buttons on a controller.

5. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They really dropped a steaming pile of shit on backwards compatibility by removing the slot 2 from the DSi that kinda pissed me off.

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I don't think they had much choice given the unknown potential health effects of extend 3D viewing.

On another note, if 3D gets big, maybe we can watch 3D movies on the 3DS instead of buying a 3DTV (Y).

I wonder how far Nintendo will extend the media functionality of the 3DS from it's previous devices...

Sorry, I just realized I'm digressing from the topic... forgive me.