Newest AKAIO Loader - Soft-Reset broken?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by BlackVivi, Sep 3, 2009.

Sep 3, 2009
  1. BlackVivi
    OP

Newcomer BlackVivi Member

Hello there,

my Acekard 2i just arrived, it's an original one from dealextreme. Works like a charm so far. "Installed" AKAIO a minute ago, loads the game without any problems, but the soft-reset feature doesn't work with the AKAIO Loader. It's activated and I do the correct combination. It only gives me white screens... And I have to hard reset afterwards. If I select the official AK Loader the Soft-Reset Feature works without any problems.

I got a DS Phat with Flashme.

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Yes the 6/1 loader is broken. Get the 5/30 loaders on gbatemp if you want akaio loaders + soft reset. (you do lose animal crossing saving or something like that though)

3. BlackVivi
    OP

Wasn't there a way to install multiple versions of the AKAIO Loader? That would fix all the temporary for me so far.

Thanks for the info, by the way. You should write it in a Readme.txt with the loader or on the wiki page, by the way...

4. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    Holy crap, BlackVivi [​IMG] is it you? (the EF is everywhere I guess..)

@topic: You can either use the old loader or wait for Akaio 1.5 whichs soft-reset works again.

5. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Wow people really can't be fucked searching anymore, can they?

Use a previous loader or the loader from the official firmware until the release of AKAIO 1.5.

6. Achilles

Member Achilles GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well maybe if the Wiki wasn't fucking broken so that no one can edit it, then we wouldn't have these problems. I was trying two days ago to edit the AKAIO wiki to add this exact information and was unable to because it won't accept my answers to it's stupid math capatcha. I can't sign up for a Wiki account either. I even posted about it in the "site issues" section of the forum but no one seems to give a damn.

7. BlackVivi
    OP

Please give me an example what exactly i should search. I tried "soft-reset" in this specific forum. I found a lot of old threads with something saying like that, so i wasn't sure. There were no clue about broken soft-reset - not on the wiki, not in the loaders site, not exactly in the akaio forum, not even in a fucking readme with the loader. I just thought it was something about my Micro-SD or maybe with my Acekard. I thought it was my own god damn fault, that's why i asked.

8. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    I got the answer a few times by searching for the term "akaio loaders soft reset".

See the trick to searching is trying more than one term, and checking more than the first 3 results. [​IMG]

9. BlackVivi
    OP

As I said, I searched properly and got the answer - but the answers were all a little bit old. I thought threads that old wouldn't really help by this problem... It should be already fixed. Especially if theres no other info than some old threads in this forum. As I said - no Readme, nothing on the wiki, no sticky, nothing in the first post of the AKAIO Thread. I just thought it was a problem that could be fixed with something else... A "new" thing. I don't think the Question was inappropriate.

10. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    It's not being fixed until AKAIO 1.5 is released.