Hacking Newer NDS Lite has protection?

sureiya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My bro bought a new NDS Lite for our nephews. No games were included and he has no clue about these. So I tried to do a demo using my EDGE and it won't work, I tried an original game and it worked. So now I'm stumped. Do newer NDS Lites have some kind of flash cart protection?

sureiya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried googling it and got no info, I wonder what's wrong with it?
frown.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try inserting your edge again? or maybe put your edge in your ds to see if it will work.if they both dont work,maybe the sd card is corrupt,or maybe some file in the card is messed up. anyways,it is very odd that it is not working. this happenned to my m3 i zero. my sd card was currupted,but then my dad took the sd and stuck it in his phone a couple of times,and it worked.

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Not working? When I bought my Cobalt DS Lite, the flashcart didn't load the first 5 times on it...It loaded onto the normal DS menu. However after that it began to work just fine!

Just wait for a while!

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe next time,you should try it out a couple of times,maybe use the blowing trick or something.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DSlite's are prone to problems like this - I believe it's something to do with slightly shorter 'contacts points' inside the DSL

Some flash cards also have 'short contact points' & so may not make a proper connection
This is why many suggest 'the paper trick' - by placing a peice of THIN paper between the flashcard & back of DSL it sometimes makes a better contact

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I got a stupid question, but - DOES NINTENDO STILL PRODUCE DSL? I think that this is the biggest stupidity in the world. I was employee in one factory making drills etc and they STOP PRODUCING OLD DRILL when they START PRODUCING NEW DRILL (inovated old version)...

So, if Nintendo STARTS with DSi and now DSi XL (LL or so), they work on them, not on old versions of NINTENDO DS LITE / FAT... So there must be really problem with that connectors.

(DS Lite has no protection)

EDIT: They dont want to produce something, that is money eater (DSi has flashcard - protection, so they think, that this version will make many money)

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
penthaler said:
Maybe I got a stupid question, but - DOES NINTENDO STILL PRODUCE DSL? I think that this is the biggest stupidity in the world. I was employee in one factory making drills etc and they STOP PRODUCING OLD DRILL when they START PRODUCING NEW DRILL (inovated old version)...

So, if Nintendo STARTS with DSi and now DSi XL (LL or so), they work on them, not on old versions of NINTENDO DS LITE / FAT... So there must be really problem with that connectors.

(DS Lite has no protection)

EDIT: They dont want to produce something, that is money eater (DSi has flashcard - protection, so they think, that this version will make many money)

The DS Lite still sells surprisingly well. Personally, I vastly prefer it to the so-called superior DSi simply for the GBA functionality. When Nintendo finally does stop selling the DSL, I hope they consider releasing a budget "retro" handheld at a $50 (or so) pricepoint that plays GB/GBC/GBA cartridges.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys you probably dont understand diferences between SELL and PRODUCE...
I know, that they still selling NDS Lite, the shops have them on stock... But the PRODUCE of DSL from Nintendo factory should be stopped, cause they make inovated DS called DSi and DSi XL
biggrin.gif

I just wonder, if they still make old version (DSL) with NEW system, that could block flashcards...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
penthaler said:
Guys you probably dont understand diferences between SELL and PRODUCE...
I know, that they still selling NDS Lite, the shops have them on stock... But the PRODUCE of DSL from Nintendo factory should be stopped, cause they make inovated DS called DSi and DSi XL
biggrin.gif

Why on earth would they want to do that? Having both the DSi and DS allows them to sell the DSi at a premium. In the UK the DSi is 50% more expensive than the DSL. If they stop production of the DSL then the DSi will have to take up the DSL's old price point.

You say the DSi is innovative, but it makes no difference. There are very few DSi games which use the new features of the DSi. The DSi isn't anything special, it's just a new iteration of the DS with a few bells and whistles on.

Do you also think production of the DSi should be stopped because of the DSi XL?

It's called product range.

Dagatahas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@sureiya

So what exactly happened when you said it didn't work? Warning screen or no screen at all? Does your Edge cart still work on your NDSL?

Was it an original Slot-1 game you tested or Slot-2 that worked? Could you try a different flash cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.