Newbie Who's Clueless

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Blacpanther1980, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Blacpanther1980
    OP

Blacpanther1980 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    United Kingdom
    hi all,

I am new to all this and haven't a clue, looking for the easiest way to play 3ds games.

So firstly is there any shops/people in the north east England that I could take my 3ds to or even buy from a SD card that is all set and ready (if it's that simple)

Or secondly the site advertised on the banner here nds-card.com are they safe to buy for to get a sky3ds plus having heard they are as easy as the ttds and R4 cards where for the ds lite.

Thanks for the help

2. 01000

01000 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    United States
    appearing here and there
    What firmware is your 3ds? If you are firmware 11.3.0-XX or under, you can just follow 3ds.guide to get CFW and then run FreeShop. Otherwise, if you are on 11.4.0-XX, get a hardmod or wait for ntrboothax.
    EDIT: Do not follow video guides, as you are likely to get bricked.

Last edited by 01000, Jun 19, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. fenixcumber

fenixcumber Don't need's a 1UP

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    inside me
    first of all, thanks for coming here before having a problem to solve. that's uncommon. and to play things on your 3ds, you have 2 main options: install custom firmware (aka CFW) on it, or buy a flashcard. about the second option, i can't help you, cause I simply dont know the actuality about it. but the first option, that 99% of the people here will recomend you (including myself), will let you do a lot of things more (like downloading roms directly on the 3ds) and it's more secure. if you want it, go to 3ds.guide and follow the instrucions. feel free to ask anything about it, and good luck if you choose the CFW way

4. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    i would buy a sky3ds. they are up to date, and safe.

5. jellevs

jellevs Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2012
    Netherlands
    I would not buy it. Once you used it. You are stuck. Without it is better in every way.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    but if you don't want to install cfw, sky3ds is the way to go