New3ds how to create emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrisssj2, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-new-3ds.393701/#post-5610789

Trying to follow this guide.

Did the cubic ninja hack and installed it and the M_set file so I can use it to launch ds profile.

Now I can use gateway.
    But it seems I don't have emunand.

Jdbood said on irc chat: no, you need to format emunand, otherwise you will be using sysnand

I don't get it.. why format emunand when I don't have it. or even when I do have it it will be brand new?

Anyway how can I get the emunand tow ork?

2. PandaMayFire

PandaMayFire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    When you format your emuNAND through the Gateway option, it will create an emuNAND partition, and after that you can launch it. Then you can use... 3DNus I think to download the the 9.5 update and install it. Or at least I think that's the emuNAND update limit for the New3DS, but check into that, because I only own an old3DS and I'm not entirely sure

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  3. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    "Format emunand" just means it'll write a nand copy to a partition on your SD card regardless if anything is there.

4. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I got it all to work! thanks. :) can now play everything.

Do have one weird icon on my emunand though.. it looks the same als the multi free patcher icon.
    but when selected has no icon in upperscreen only lots of ?????? and some Chinese chars.

If I press it it refers me to the eshop to download something, when im there, nothing happens. xD