New WiiU vWii sofmodded questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lawrencero, Sep 11, 2014.

1. lawrencero
    OP

lawrencero Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    Romania
    Bucharest, Romania
    Hello and thanks for your support for modding my WiiU console. I read the threads and i installes Wiiflow and i just got my games. Now my questions for you...

1. My Wiiu version is 4.1. Do you recommend me to update it?
    2. What is exactly the browser exploit. How and when can i use it? ( i read about it but i am not clarified. Can you use it to play games?)
    3. If i update my WiiU do i need to do something to protect my vWii mode? Or do i have to install again the wiiflow? Or just the wiiU software changes?

I am asking you these questions because i need to know if i can connect my WiiU to internet.

Thank you again.

2. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    1. If you only want to use vWii mode, then feel free to update if you want. If you want to play WiiU games, you will have to update eventually anyway.

2. The browser exploit is a user-mode exploit triggered within the browser. With all due respect to the developers (who have put a lot of work into this exploit), it's not a particularly easy-to-use exploit due to having to trigger it within the browser, presumably requiring an internet connection of sorts (thus, having to block updates somehow). Being user-mode, it will only be compatible with homebrew - if any such homebrew appears at all. Decide for yourself if you feel it's worth not updating.

3. Thus far, no new update has patched the vWii exploit in any way, nor required a reinstall. We cannot know the future, but the exploits have been around for years now and remain unpatched.

3. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    I got a question abt the controller. Is it possible to connect two controllers on the wii u vwii?
    thanks search a bit but didnt see any clear info of it.

4. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    Yes you can use up to 4 Controllers... just like a normal wii.

Don21 likes this.
  5. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland

will it also support the NGC emulator to run up too 4 controllers? thank you very much

6. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    Yes, just check my signature. What you are looking for is called nintendont. Now it works with bluetooth controllers, so you can play gamecube games on your wiii u wireless using a Wiimote+Classic Controller or a Wii U Pro Controller. In order to use the original gamecube controller you need an adapter.

Don21 likes this.
  7. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    Thnx for the information Dark, one more question what is the best way to run games from SD card or HDD.