new Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Madalone, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Madalone
    OP

Madalone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2014
    Lisboa
    Hello everyone,

I finally got myself a WiiU and while I was researching how to softmod it, it went and updated itself to fw 5.0.. How can I softmod it now? I tried the smashbros method but the game won't see the savegame in the stage builder.

I'm using an old 2gb sd card inserted directly in the machine.. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance and my advanced apologies if this question has already been answered..

2. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    You have to insert the SD card after you enter the vWii since anytime before the Wii U will delete Smash Stack

3. Madalone
    OP

Madalone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2014
    Lisboa
    Thanks for the quick reply! I tried that too with the same result.. I'm at work right now but I'll try as soon as I'm back home.

I like yer avatar btw! (;

4. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Make sure you do not have any save for smasbros on your vWii.

Use this to make your life easier : http://www.wii-homebrew.com/download/nintendo-wii-downloads/pc-tools/uhg-downloader/

Ignore the false positives note if your virus scanner pops up.
    The files are 100% save.

Never ever install cIOS that are for a original Wii.
    Softmodding vWii involves different files than a original Wii.
    Here is a tutorial: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board...5130-ultimate-vwii-homebrew-guide/#post500700

Reecey likes this.
  5. Madalone
    OP

Madalone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2014
    Lisboa
    Thanks! Can't wait to get home and give it another go!

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Fantastic guide by the way my only issue is I don't see the Twilight Hack at all and that is the only retail game I have saved at home for this sort of thing. Can you still use the hack with the WiiU or not? Do you know off a good guide using the TH for the WiiU please.

7. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    Wigan, UK
    Unfortunately the good ole Twilight Hack (ahhh, memories!) doesn't work on Wii U at all, and actually won't work with the Wii system menu 4.0 or higher, that's long gone I'm afraid.....
    If you shop around you can find Wii Lego Batman nice and cheap - I picked it up specifically for the Wii U softmod from my local CEX for about £6... think it's the cheapest one from the list (you can probably double that price for Lego SW or Indy, more like £20 for Smash/Yu-Gi, and let's not even go there for Tales...:lol: )

8. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Amazon has quite a few of the games for cheap. For example the a used Lego Batman costs less than £2 + shipping (which is a few pounds). So in total, you'd be down about £4 or less. As mightymuffy said, Yu-Gi and Smash are the more expensive ones at £10-20 for a used one..

9. DevilX

DevilX Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    United States
    Freeport, New York
    i used lego star wars, took me a while to figure out how to get it to save first before being able to use the exploit lol

10. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Is there any other way of hacking without a proper retail game?

11. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    No, if there were then nobody would be recommending people to buy one. LEGO Indiana Jones is probably the cheapest retail game with an exploit, I got it for like $8 new years back.

12. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    buy smash :P it's worth its price, makes a hell lot of fun to play with friends ;-)

13. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    If you are thinking about using the Twilight Hack, Please STOP everything you are doing right now.
    Read EVERYTHING completely at least twice ("measure twice cut once" as they say).
    Ask a ton of questions and do a "dry run" by making a complete list and following that list checkpoint by checkpoint.

As soon as you can in the process,Backup your Nand and save it to a safe place! see thread
    Dump Mii NAND - a BootMii format (nand.bin) NAND dumper for vWii/Wii

http://gbatemp.net/threads/dump-mii-nand-a-bootmii-format-nand-bin-nand-dumper-for-vwii-wii.358977/

Make sure you are ONLY following instructions having to do with vwii mode (virtual wii mode). The vwii is ONLY available on the wiiu. Disregard ALL instructions that relate to the wii. (ANYTHING wii related could screw by your system.
    Did I mention "Ask a ton of questions".

If you do not believe how "easy" it is to screwup your wiiu (if you don't follow instructions), Look back several pages in this sub-forum for all the causalities of being impatient or careless or outright reckless. Please take your time.

You (most likely) setup your internet before backing things up. That is why you updated and don't have an older nand backup to rely on. It did not cost you anything this time but the next time it could break your chance for homebrew.

14. Madalone
    OP

Madalone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2014
    Lisboa
    i followed the guide and all is well with the world! erhm i mean my gaming! thanks a lot guys for pointing me in the right direction! i used the smash bros hack and it worked like a charm :D

15. lettuce

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 27, 2006
    Is there not a english translation for this page, and also the programs it installs as i noticed blue dump app is all in german