Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder... Since those new wii don't support gamecube anymore nintendo must have deleted all references to it, right ? Do new wii have a slighty modified firmware or can we still get to the gamecube save management screen ? What happens if we insert a GC Disc ?
What does that have to do with this?

But to answer your question, no, the System Menu (which is NOT in any way firmware btw) is the same, and it still has things like MIOS and BC.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder... Since those new wii don't support gamecube anymore nintendo must have deleted all references to it, right ? Do new wii have a slighty modified firmware or can we still get to the gamecube save management screen ? What happens if we insert a GC Disc ?

gamecube system menu stuff sits there idle. without controller or memory slots to give them purpose.

new wii was a LAZY job mainly aimed at the west. nintendo didn't even bother to release it for some countries.

JohnyNyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
OK, so I've got a wii with no GC compatibility. I bought it in Poland, but I'm not entirely sure if it wasn't imported from other European country. Anyway , it's PAL Wii. Serial : KEH.
And btw, is new wii capable of reading GC discs ? I'd like to play GC games somehow :(

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I've got a wii with no GC compatibility. I bought it in Poland, but I'm not entirely sure if it wasn't imported from other European country. Anyway , it's PAL Wii. Serial : KEH.
And btw, is new wii capable of reading GC discs ? I'd like to play GC games somehow :(
Thank you so much. I've been waiting so long for someone to reply. I still need the more from Europe (just in case there are multiple ones), and one from both Korea and Japan.

I'll credit you in the next release of CheckRegion.

sureiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My PAL Wii started with KEF, also written "Manufactured 2012". I'm not really familiar if that's possible as this is my first Wii. Also bummed because I never knew the new ones didn't have GC support..

EDIT: Bought in Dubai BTW.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@