New Wii Modchip: WI-IC

Niijaooh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol @ upgradable, yeah right, desolder the chip, stick it in a pic programmer and upgrade that way.

The pic12f629 (if thats used) contains both eeprom and flash memory, so you could have a bootloader in the eeprom which allows you to flash the flashrom by the serial connection

QUOTE(gbatemp @ Feb 16 2007, 07:40 PM)The extra wire needed for the photo channel is to allow you to update the firmware on the MODCHIP.
I wait with baited breath to find out where all these wires are going to fit onto this mod? 2 power supply wires, 3 data wires for the Wii serial port, you've used an additional data line for a flashing led, leaves 2 pins free. 5 wires for an SD card writer and an additional one to go somewhere for the photo channel bollocks

SD features will probably be sharing some of the serial connection and using a free pin on the pic to channel select or something... I guess it's possible

brocher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that's the DVD-firmware market saturated now - let's hope we see a race for a real mod-chip start
smile.gif
Hard to see what other features can be added to a firmware mod chip. Doubt region free will ever be done by spoofing a handshake (or however it is done) from the DVD.

BTW, you shouldn't be watching DVD's on a Wii even if it were possible. Recently I read an article by some techie site showing a comparison of a Denon DVD player (which is a decent middle of the road brand) with the x-box 360. The quality of pic on the 360 was totally laughable, the software just isn't up to it. They gave each of them a score, out of 120 or something, can't remember the details, but the 360 was around 30 or so compared to 100 on the Denon.

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is it with Wii modchips and outright LIES.

This chip is a Wiinja clone stuck on a PCB.

There will NEVER be any of the features mention, out to make a quick $ and never to be seen again.

Lol @ SD card support, the chip doesn't even have 5 position to solder an SD card reader.

Lol @ upgradable, yeah right, desolder the chip, stick it in a pic programmer and upgrade that way.

ITS ALL LIES, MAY THEY ROT IN HELL
smile.gif

Care to give a source of this info ? Or are you the 1 making clone #27 to earn a quick few bucks ?

Btw, am i the only one finding the username "gbatemp" misleading ? Especialy since the guy made 4 posts in 5 years ?

gbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I have nothing to do with the damn chip but your attitude stinks. You assume you know everything? Does that look like a 12F509/* ? Its not. Has ANY of the current mod's been on that PIC? No. Why is that if your so smart? Just because you are not able to produce such a peice of kit doesnt mean you have the right to be so negative in a public forum when someone else figures out how to do something. If you do not understand something, you should not comment on it. Anyway this looks like a interesting chip and one to keep an eye on IMO. If they pull of the features which i am 99% sure they will, then the chip will offer stuff not available with the other mod's.

So instead of being harsh and saying crappy comments, why not just chill out and wait and see?

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
The more clones there are, the better, the price will come down and sooner or later there'll be an unprotected chip between them that can be dumped 1:1.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to everyone saying "bring on the region free, etc"
WHY DON"T YOU GO AHEAD AND DO IT! MAKING IT SOUND SO DARN EASY!
and they simply said DVD channel instead of the Disc Channel, so don't get your hopes up.

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never knew "ESD Packaging" could be considered a feature. Damn I'd suck for marketing.

Anyone knows what the "optional wire for full chip disable" is all about?

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
The more the merrier. Well, hopefully the competition will drive the price down. Are we sure this works with the new Wii drive chip?

Bali

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can never understand why people can get so worked up about these things. If it comes out, it get's compared to the rest and we find out if we have a new nr 1 chip. If it doesn't well boohoo
cry.gif
, on to the next one and the world keeps spinning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY